Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Good NFA location Bucks/Montco for multiple transfers

Army vet looking for a local shop within an hour of Montgomeryville, Pa to get 3 NFA items transfered. Getting 2 suppressors and a SBR transfered via trust so no need for fingerprints or CLEO signature. Prices I got quoted from local shop seemed really pricey. What's the average price per item and does anyone know a good shop with reasonable rates.
    Thanks

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Good NFA location Bucks/Montco for multiple transfers

Explain getting transfered.

Are you buying from out of state and need an instate dealer to handle the transfer? The price to handle transfer can vary greatly depending on the dealer. Poke around for a reasonable shop.

Are you buying from a person instate? You will not need a dealer, both of you can meet and complete the From 4s together.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotch11B View Post
    Army vet looking for a local shop within an hour of Montgomeryville, Pa to get 3 NFA items transfered. Getting 2 suppressors and a SBR transfered via trust so no need for fingerprints or CLEO signature. Prices I got quoted from local shop seemed really pricey. What's the average price per item and does anyone know a good shop with reasonable rates.
    Thanks
    Another 11B.

I think longlane acres on ridge road past the upper bucks votech has their class III.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Wayne County)

Insite Firearms in Norristown does Class III. IIRC it's $25 per item, but that may be only if you buy from them. Give them a call....

They do not accept transfers from Silencer Shop after some kind of drama involving them gumming up the ATF e files or something.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

I'm getting 2 of the items from a small shop in Colorado my brother who is stationed out there does business with so it would be an out of state transfer. The price I was quoted from my normal shop was $150 which seemed really expensive. Was not really looking to spend close to $500 for the three unless that was the going rate. The other item was going to come from silencer shop. If anyone knows the standard out of state transfer rate in the greater Philadelphia area it would be much appreciated.

(Northampton County)

I'm getting 2 of the items from a small shop in Colorado my brother who is stationed out there does business with so it would be an out of state transfer. The price I was quoted from my normal shop was $150 which seemed really expensive. Was not really looking to spend close to $500 for the three unless that was the going rate. The other item was going to come from silencer shop. If anyone knows the standard out of state transfer rate in the greater Philadelphia area it would be much appreciated.
    Contact Silencer Shop, they have an agreement with dealers all over the country for transfers. I believe the set fee is $70.

My first class 3 item I drove all the way down to Matt @ TacticalEdgeFirearms in Dover, PA. He charges $75 for transfers, but he also has a decent ammount of stock on hand with very good prices. He had quite a few SBR's in his shop and a nice assortment of suppressors. He was a pleasure to deal with and gets back to your emails very quickly. He was also more than happy to offer a demo outside of his shop (home) lol

Other than that I can't help, I'm currently using a dealer near me for 3 transfers, he's charging me $100/each. You'd think he'd cut me a break on 3 but no luck Only up side is he's 5 min from me.

(Montgomery County)

I use Ernie Farabella. Ernie charges $40.00.

Ernie Farabella

EF Precision Group Inc.
    2301 Computer Rd
    Willow Grove, PA 19090-1746
    Tel: 215-280-2808

(Berks County)

We (Insite Firearms) accept out of state transfer, however, as mentioned not from the Silencer Shop. The fee is $70.
    If we can help you out, feel free to let me know.
    Thanks.
    Abby