Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default "Progressive" Writer Blames Michael Brown Shooting on Inadequate "Gun Control"

Writing for the "progressive" media outlet Vox, Matthew Yglesias tells us that, "We shouldn't talk about Ferguson without talking about guns." Not the guns that Michael Brown did not have when Officer Darren Wilson shot and killed him, and not really about the gun Wilson used for the shooting, either, but the guns owned by scores of millions of private citizens:

The death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, reveals many things about America. One of them that has not yet received adequate attention is that there is a strong case for a form of gun control that is much stricter than anything that's remotely plausible in the context of American politics.
    http://jpfo.org/articles-assd04/inad...un-control.htm
    MikeP

(Bucks County)

Default Re: "Progressive" Writer Blames Michael Brown Shooting on Inadequate "Gun Control"

Just another Liberal pointing out their low IQ

Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Chester County)

Default Re: "Progressive" Writer Blames Michael Brown Shooting on Inadequate "Gun Control"

Imagine that, yet another case in which someone tries to manipulate the facts to fit their agenda. They know it's a round hole, but they will do anything they can to fit the square peg.

I'm guessing they didn't have one of these as a kid. Either that or they just don't care. I wonder which one it is.

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Chester County)

I think the problem is the news media intentionally distorts the news in line with their bias views, i.e. Michael Brown incident. When the gullible public sees the results are not inline with the news, they riot for the injustice.

I wonder that if the press is given special privileges by the government, then wouldn't a deliberate violation of those privileges via bias and false info, other than an editorial, could be exposed, held accountable and be fined.

(Chester County)

They should also add that the waste, fraud and abuse of an ineffectual public education system led to the death of Michael Brown and defunding and reducing the size of it is the only answer to preventing habitual criminals like Michael Brown from being shot.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

I think the real problem is with the Internet, social media, and blogging. Now anyone with an opinion or an agenda can now be a "respected journilist" with no back ground in investagitive journilisim and we Americans read these millions of articals written by know nothing idiots and either take them for word get outraged by them.

I hold no weight to anything the hundreds of so called online media outlets claim since they typically go unchallenged there is no good reason for them to be honest about anything. To even click the link and read it is purely a waste of our time and only gives them the satisfaction have having and hit on their page.
    Last edited by Hodgie; December 5th, 2014 at 02:12 PM.

(Lancaster County)

I agree with the author. If Wilson had better gun control, it wouldn't have taken as many shots to put down the gentle giant.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I think the real problem is with the Internet, social media, and blogging. Now anyone with an opinion or an agenda can now be a "respected journilist" with no back ground in investagitive journilisim and we Americans read these millions of articals written by know nothing idiots and either take them for word get outraged by them. I hold no weight to anything the hundreds of so called online media outlets claim since they can go unchallenged there is no good reason for hem to be honest about anything.
    Exactly where are the 'investigative journalists" in the professional media? Do you really think those that are working actual journalist jobs are doing what they should be doing?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Mercer County)

Well, nobody ever accused the leftist liberal hippies of being intelligent.

Or having good hygiene.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Lancaster County)

I always wonder why the police never openly speak out against the welfare state that breeds populations of scum that put them in the position they're in. Ever notice how they rarely ever get into bad situations with people who are busy working for a living? Yet they say nothing.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast