Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: All things AR-15 and variants from newbie to advanced. Find answers here.

The carrier looks ok. After a brief history read on the Rhino, that key may be of inferior metal anyway. You could get a new key, add a seal of permatex if you want, use some grade 8 screws and stake it down.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

Default Re: All things AR-15 and variants from newbie to advanced. Find answers here.

Quote Originally Posted by Splittiebus66 View Post
    The carrier looks ok. After a brief history read on the Rhino, that key may be of inferior metal anyway. You could get a new key, add a seal of permatex if you want, use some grade 8 screws and stake it down.
    Yeah I thought I could use it. Too late now though, I followed the instructions from some ar15 website
    abut torquing the screws (30lbs) well I got to 15lbs and snapped a screw. I need a good drill bit,
    the ones I have are junk and wont drill it out. I'll put that one to the side and buy a mew BCG, screw it.

(Wyoming County)

Came across this article regarding barrel selection and hoped it might help someone else as much as it has me.

https://everydaymarksman.wordpress.c...art-2-barrels/
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Beaver County)

https://youtu.be/pyYODtiohzQ

Long but good insight on the AR. I listened to it over a handful of work commutes.

(Perry County)

Alright AR gurus. I put together a .300blk pistol. After the last round is fired, the BCG comes forward and overrides the bolt-hold-open part way. It is scraping the bottom of the BCG fairly significantly. The bolt slams home upon dropping the mag. I'm assuming it's a buffer/buffer spring weight issue. Thoughts?
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Armstrong County)

Sounds over gassed for first guess.
    Also check your bolt catch and spring, make sure they move freely and spring is working.

What spring, buffer, gas location, gas port size?
    Subs or supers?
    Can or no can?
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    Sounds over gassed for first guess.
    Also check your bolt catch and spring, make sure they move freely and spring is working.

What spring, buffer, gas location, gas port size?
    Subs or supers?
    Can or no can?
    Pistol length gas system.
    Carbine buffer/spring
    supers
    no can

If it's too much gas, it's an easy fix. It has an adjustable gas block.

This is my first .300blk, I guess it's designed for a wider range of gas. It's a preassembled Aero upper.

Thanks
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Armstrong County)

Yup, start there.
    Close the gas block settings. Open 1 or 2 clicks and fire away while adjusting it open until function and lock back.

Probably set to run subs right now. Much less pressure with those.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

Default Re: AR Building, Accurizing, Tips & Tricks

Getting ready for my first build. Please explain barrel twists to me. I see 1:7, 1:8 and 1:9 variants. What does it mean, why should I care, and what should I get?
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Perry County)

Default Re: AR Building, Accurizing, Tips & Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Getting ready for my first build. Please explain barrel twists to me. I see 1:7, 1:8 and 1:9 variants. What does it mean, why should I care, and what should I get?

Bullet Weight Twist
    40-Grain 1:12
    55-Grain 1:9
    62-Grain 1:8 or 1:7
    77-Grain 1:7 or 1:8
    80-Grain 1:7

1:8 is the go to barrel for the most versatility. If you're building for supreme accuracy, look for a barrel that is best for your chosen bullet grain.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast