Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Bullpup pistols?

With all the "pistol" ARs out there, along with the new Sig and Czech guns coming as "pistols" that use the AR brace, why has no one come up with a bull pup pistol? This would make the balance of the pistol even easier to handle. It might not even need the AR brace.

Us old timers remember the Bushmaster pistol and Gwinn Firearms pistol. That was before plastic lowers and the use of CNC machining. Today someone should be throwing out a "pup pistol" to play with. How about IWI? Isn't there a Tavor style 9mm pistol?

Personally, I'd love to see a bull pup pistol in 30 carbine. Or maybe, if the planets aligned just right: a bull pup pistol chambered in 9mm Winchester Magnum. Remember that one, and the 45 Winchester Magnum cartridge?

Maybe some inspired person will make a 3d printed pup pistol lower?

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Bullpup pistols?

Don't take this comment as supporting the asinine NFA regulations, but wouldn't a bullpup configuration (magazine behind grip) give up the facade that the firearm is a pistol?

(Chester County)

Although I know what you are getting at I tend to think some sort of bullpup pistol already exists. http://www.bobergarms.com/.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

old bushmaster pistols. They can be found and not too $$$ either.
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tacgunner View Post
    With all the "pistol" ARs out there, along with the new Sig and Czech guns coming as "pistols" that use the AR brace, why has no one come up with a bull pup pistol? This would make the balance of the pistol even easier to handle. It might not even need the AR brace.

Us old timers remember the Bushmaster pistol and Gwinn Firearms pistol. That was before plastic lowers and the use of CNC machining. Today someone should be throwing out a "pup pistol" to play with. How about IWI? Isn't there a Tavor style 9mm pistol?

Personally, I'd love to see a bull pup pistol in 30 carbine. Or maybe, if the planets aligned just right: a bull pup pistol chambered in 9mm Winchester Magnum. Remember that one, and the 45 Winchester Magnum cartridge?

Maybe some inspired person will make a 3d printed pup pistol lower?

Oh WOW. I don't think I've seen one of those before!

I was just thinking to myself - "Bullpup PISTOL??? the mag would have to be on the SIDE!"

TA-DA!!!

Video: (I always screw up the embedding thing, so you'll have to click - WORTH LOOKING AT!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD4vF-sXH20
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lackawanna County)

There was the calico pistol, but I don't really think of it as a bull pup. Someone being creative could come up with a Russian Bizon type pistol (helical feed mag) with a bull pup config. That would be great in the Tokarev caliber as a PDW.

Just thinking out load.....but what if the "pistol" had a helical feed mag on the back, like the Calico, but on the underside? Now, imagine that magazine having "extended" capacity, thus making it longer, and that mag now being used as a "buttstock". Sort of called a "Back-feeder bullpup"? I imagine it would give the BATF fits about how to classify it.

I'm not a bullpup fan, just thinking of all the mutations we now see with pistols having these Sig brace things on them. If there was one pistol I'd love to see with a brace on it (being SMGs can't be afforded anymore) it would be a version of the Beretta M12 SMG as a pistol. That would be nice with one of these braces on it.