Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Students for Conceal Carry on Campus (SCCC) 1st National Conference

Got this email from the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF)

As a Second Amendment Foundation supporter, I would like to tell you about a great opportunity.

Students for Conceal Carry on Campus (SCCC) will be having their first National Conference on Friday, August 1st at the National Press Club in Washington D.C. funded by the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF).

This conference is a great opportunity for those who care about their 2nd Amendment Right to come together and learn from each other.

Students for Concealed Carry on campus is a non-partisan, grassroots organization comprised of over 30,000 college students, faculty members, parents, and concerned citizens who support the right of concealed handgun license holders to carry concealed handguns on college campuses. Key conference speakers include: In addition to myself, John Lott, author of More Guns, Less Crime, Alan Gura (argued recent Supreme Court case involving the DC gun ban and many more. For more information visit:http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2383535699,

For students that want to attend the conference but are a little strapped for cash, SCCC and SAF can help. Any student traveling over 750 miles to D.C. is eligible for a travel scholarship up to $250. You will receive reimbursement if you bring your student I.D. and travel receipts to the conference. SCCC and SAF will also provide one night free in a hotel if you so desire. SCCC and SAF cannot guarantee that you will get your own room. Funds are limited and you may have to room with another member of SCCC if you come alone.

Once your transportation and lodging needs are settled, forward your information to reservations@concealedcampus.org to reserve your spot at the conference.

As a Second Amendment Foundation supporter, we hope you will consider this great opportunity for talking, learning, and networking with young activists across the country. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely yours,

Alan M. Gottlieb
    Founder, Second Amendment Foundation

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Students for Conceal Carry on Campus (SCCC) 1st National Conference

Why is this being held in D.C.? The least they could do is hold it in a CC friendly state with recirprocity agreements.

Am I missing a larger thing here or what? It seems to me that a lot of these groups that despise the politics of D.C. or the laws of D.C. but then throw the city tens of thousands of dollars in patronage.

I dunno, seems silly to me.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Allegheny County)

Red face Re: Students for Conceal Carry on Campus (SCCC) 1st National Conference

I definitely can't/won't be attending that particular conference due mostly to scheduling. I need help starting an SCCC uh, faction?, on the Allegheny campus of CCAC. Following is my original post somewhere else that I haven't gotten any replies to...

Help?

----

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all,

I signed up to be the CCAC campus leader for Students for Concealed Carry on Campus. I have no idea how to get started other than that the administration will allow me to put up 5 informational flyers. Does anyone have any suggestions? I need to find other like-minded individuals on my campus before I can begin trying to approach those who are uninformed or misinformed.

Currently being found with a firearm on CCAC campus will result in expulsion, automatic failure, and a nasty mark on your transcript which alerts any other colleges you may apply to that you are a criminal. So basically, no formal education for anyone who carries a gun. I don't wish to break the rules... I plan to help change them.

The Allegheny Campus of CCAC is on the North side, there is very little security, it is an open campus - meaning anyone can walk into any part of it at any time. Frankly I think it's irresponsible to disallow those legally licensed to carry firearms to do so. (if someone had been carrying at Virginia Tech they would have stopped that lunatic, and even though everyone knows this they say things like "well we don't want a shootout, adding more guns adds more of a problem" etc. etc.) Obviously I'm not the only person who thinks this, or the SCCC would not be a national advocacy group with over 35,000 members - but how do I find the people who would join me on campus? How do I approach them? What's the best eye catching non-threatening (the office needs to approve them) sort of thing I could put on my flyers?

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
    Christa

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Students for Conceal Carry on Campus (SCCC) 1st National Conference

Quote Originally Posted by avestriel View Post
    I definitely can't/won't be attending that particular conference due mostly to scheduling. I need help starting an SCCC uh, faction?, on the Allegheny campus of CCAC. Following is my original post somewhere else that I haven't gotten any replies to...

Help?

----

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all,

I signed up to be the CCAC campus leader for Students for Concealed Carry on Campus. I have no idea how to get started other than that the administration will allow me to put up 5 informational flyers. Does anyone have any suggestions? I need to find other like-minded individuals on my campus before I can begin trying to approach those who are uninformed or misinformed.

Currently being found with a firearm on CCAC campus will result in expulsion, automatic failure, and a nasty mark on your transcript which alerts any other colleges you may apply to that you are a criminal. So basically, no formal education for anyone who carries a gun. I don't wish to break the rules... I plan to help change them.

The Allegheny Campus of CCAC is on the North side, there is very little security, it is an open campus - meaning anyone can walk into any part of it at any time. Frankly I think it's irresponsible to disallow those legally licensed to carry firearms to do so. (if someone had been carrying at Virginia Tech they would have stopped that lunatic, and even though everyone knows this they say things like "well we don't want a shootout, adding more guns adds more of a problem" etc. etc.) Obviously I'm not the only person who thinks this, or the SCCC would not be a national advocacy group with over 35,000 members - but how do I find the people who would join me on campus? How do I approach them? What's the best eye catching non-threatening (the office needs to approve them) sort of thing I could put on my flyers?

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
    Christa

If you need some suggestions why not stop out at the next FOAC meeting on
    2nd Sunday, Jan 11, 2009 at the Whitehall Municipal Building (near century 3 mall / allegheny county airport / south park). The meeting starts at 10 AM and last approximately 2 hours.
    I know Kim will have some ideas to help you out along with others may have some helpful suggestions.

Directions to Meetings to Firearm Owners Against Crime (FOAC)

From the Liberty Tunnels take Route 51 South toward Uniontown. After the intersection of Brownsville Road and Route 51 go about 1 mile to the Benson-Lincoln Mercury dealer. At the light turn right, the borough building is at the top of the hill. The meeting is in the Community room located on the top floor next to the library.

For more information call the FOAC phone: (412) 221-3346 or send E-mail to Kim Stolfer or regular mail to - Firearms Owners Against Crime - PO Box 14, Presto, PA 15142
    http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Allegheny County)

Talking PA SCCC Conference Call Wed Jan 21 9PM

Here is a copy of the e-mail I received regarding the above title
    ----

Hello All,

Thanks for your commitment to Students for Concealed Carry on Campus! My name is Benn Neiman and I am (very recently) the Eastern Regional Director for SCCC. Pennsylvania has gone without a regional director and state leader for some time now. So I wanted to engage all the campus leaders in PA. We've got a lot of new things being developed by the national organization so that we can better support our campus leaders and facilitate greater communication.

That's why we are having an all-campus leader conference call for Pennsylvania! On Wednesday night at 9pm I want to meet with all of you over the phone and discuss our upcoming strategy and organizational changes. But more than that, I wanted to get YOUR input and feedback....so come prepared with questions and ideas!

Conference Call
    Wednesday, Jan 21, 9pm
    To join the call just dial: (218) 844-8230
    And enter Pass code: 231933#

Feel free to invite any other activist members you might have in your groups to join the call...anyone with a passion for furthering SCCC's goals is welcome!

If you are unable to attend this call Wednesday night...that is ok, just send me an email and I will try to connect with you individually at a later date.

Until we have a state leader I am your primary contact if you have any questions! Look forward to meeting with you all!

Benjamin Neiman
    ben.neiman@concealedcampus.org
    804-239-2829

---

This is good news for us SCCC'ers and for all PA gun rights people... pay attention to us! Unfortunately the nature of the Campus is that it is fluid, students graduate and pass on, so we must create a larger base of interest and understanding to leave a legacy for generations who will follow us through these schools. Then we will eventually accomplish all of our goals.

Unfortunately this kid referred me to a cafe press $15 tote bag when I recommended custom backpacks (minimum order is 25 but the price is $5 apiece and gets lower per higher volume ordered) and the sort of pitching in and organization which we need. I'm not paying $15 for one tote bag for myself, but as the campus leader of a national advocacy group I would certainly pay $20 for 4 backpacks which I can give away thus promoting my effort to the person receiving the gift, and advertising the program by having a moving billboard of sorts. Also, I cannot be on the conference call since I will be in class at that time.

So, obviously, we need a bit of help and a bit more organization. So please, PA gun owners, help your children change the future for the better. Help us have the rights the founding fathers intended for us. Anything you can do to help us organize, spread the word, and fund our efforts will be appreciated by thousands of SCCC members trying to earn the freedom to protect themselves on college campuses.

- Christa