Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SIGH!

(McKean County)

Default Re: SIGH!

Quote Originally Posted by frankski View Post
    I heard the walleye ice fishing is expected to be hot up on Lake Erie this season.

You have that going for you.

Which is nice.
    Ice fishing is hot....

Funny!
    Marty near God's Country. Making good people defenseless doesn’t make bad people harmless.

(Erie County)

At least I know someone looks at this thread once in a while.
    Been writing "letters to the editor", lots of anti letters in recently.
    My first;
    Once again, the dishonest liberal left has decided to attack guns, 2nd amendment rights, and the NRA, using emotion and opinion based rants that simply do not hold up to the facts. Firearms crime has been declining, while firearms ownership is increasing. Recent letter writers have blamed the NRA, guns, and everything but the criminals, none of whom are NRA members. The NRA is not, does not, and will not, support criminal activity, and in fact supports severe punishments for the criminal misuse of a firearm. The NRA trains police departments and law abiding citizens on safe, lawful, handling of firearms, as well as fighting to keep the right to own them. The unconstitutional, back door registration scheme, known as micro stamping, has too many flaws to work, such as the ease of eliminating the stamp, or trying to prove who actually fired the gun. Notice that the most dangerous places to live are cities that have strict gun control laws, and most mass shootings occur in defenseless victim, gun free, zones. Laws don't stop criminals, law abiding gun owners do!
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

(Erie County)

Some nutty "anti" woman responded, saying I said "the dishonorable Democrat party" I agree, but that's not what I said. Then she referenced 3 young men that were killed (druggies), a Tops market that was robbed, wondered what planet I was on, told me we weren't in the old west with the Cartwrights, and said we needed more gun control.
    A friend offered to reply for me, since writers must wait 30 days between letters, and I let him.
    Not printed yet;
    In response to Kathy Weisman's pro gun control letter, 11-30. Yes there's too much criminal use of guns, but criminals are not deterred by the tens of thousands of gun control laws already in place. If they were, cities where it's nearly impossible to legally to own a firearm, like Chicago and New York, would be the safest places in the country, rather than the top two murder capitals! Proving once again that gun control laws actually increase crime. Guns in lawful hands are used over 2.5 times more often to stop, rather than to commit crime, usually without even being fired, it just rarely makes the news. You have the freedom to choose to be a defenseless, unarmed victim, but I refuse to be! This is the real world, not the fantasy one portrayed by fictional characters like the Cartwrights. The high noon shootout in the street is an entertainment industry invention, and the old west was actually very safe, with a much lower crime rate than today, because many people were armed, and criminals were dealt with swiftly, and severely, not slapped on the wrist and returned to the street, like today. Punish the criminals, not their intended victims!
    He did a pretty good job!

(McKean County)

Both well written letters!
    But, another *SIGH* - the truth doesn't matter, just look at what is going on around us....
    Marty near God's Country. Making good people defenseless doesn’t make bad people harmless.

(Erie County)

Very good letters. I started to write a response, but it didn't go as well for me. I didn't send one in. Too pissed by the idiocy of the original anti letter, I guess.
    Last edited by SevenMilePete; December 5th, 2014 at 09:16 AM.

(Erie County)

Keep at it, we need as many pro letters as possible.
    It usually takes me over a week to write, think about, re-write, think about, and re-write a letter until I get it to sound right.
    I write down the subject and then try to figure out how to make it sound halfways intelligent.
    Also, check your facts. Don't just go with what "everybody knows."
    The paper used to fact check (at least right wing) and "edit" letters, but it seems as if a different editor is running it now and doesn't do it anymore.

(Erie County)

OMG, OMG, OMG, it's snowing!!!! We may get several inches!!!!!!!
    The world is ending, damn you global warming!!!!

(Bucks County)

I lived in Erie from 1972 until 1984 and remember some pretty nasty winters. I loved summers and don't miss opening the garage door to find it almost drifted over by 6 feet of snow.

Drive safe and enjoy your snow.

The snow had the deer holding tight yesterday. They fed like monsters last night and left plenty of tracks in the heavy wet stuff. It was a great day hunting today and I expect it to be even better tomorrow.

(Erie County)

A little excitement! Question; What's the worst vehicle you can hit when speeding?

An SUV traveling at a high rate of speed crashed into the back of a moving state police cruiser Friday on Interstate 90, closing two of the interstate's lanes for about two hours.

The accident occurred at about 11:55 a.m. near the 31-mile marker in Harborcreek Township, state police said.

The cruiser was traveling in the westbound passing lane when it was struck from behind by the 2010 Dodge Caliber.

The cruiser slid through the median, while the Caliber went off the right side of the road and up a steep embankment, police said.

Two troopers in the cruiser, Jason Kissinger and Matthew Moylan, were taken to UPMC Hamot and later released.
    300 zodiac dec14

The driver of the Caliber, Daniel O'Brien, 49, of Medina, Ohio, was taken to Hamot with a head injury. He was not listed as a patient there Friday night.

Multiple witnesses told police O'Brien was driving at a high speed when it hit the cruiser, police said.

The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation had to close one westbound lane and one eastbound lane near the accident for about two hours.

An investigation is continuing, police said.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast