Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Glocks came home, yesterday.

Wife and I went and picked up our new G41's, yesterday, but didn't get this JPEG BS figured out until today. Anyway, here they are:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Default Re: Glocks came home, yesterday.

I'm gonna eat some words from the past and say that I am more than impressed with the 'package for the money'. I don't keep up with Glocks, so I don't know how long this package deal has been going on, but it is impressive, indeed.

In the kit comes a new Glock 41, trigger adjusted to a 4.5 lb pull (gonna test that when dig my gauge out of my tool box, but if it's off, it ain't much), 3-13 round mags, 4 rear strap configurations, a speed loader, and two spent casings. Cool stuff.

Yes, I am stoked. Range review and more pics coming. (if we can figure out this JPEG BS again)

(Lancaster County)

Very nice. My next purchase

(Montgomery County)

When I'm ready to expand to .45, that's what I'll be getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Very nice. My next purchase
    All the stuff you hear about 'sucky Glock trigger'? Well, Glock forgot to put the suck in these. Short, consistent pull and very smooth. The only way I can feel any creep is with an ultra slow pull, but it is faint...almost reminiscent of my HK. If I was just punching paper or plates, I'd never know any creep was there, at all. They are that good.

(Montgomery County)

Send one to Robar and have them do their grip work and undercut. It will point just like a 1911

(Cumberland County)

Very nice - congrats. Let us know how you like them after a range trip.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson Guy View Post
    Send one to Robar and have them do their grip work and undercut. It will point just like a 1911
    You know what, I've spent about 4 hours, already, trying to get them to do what I want them to and I'm already half way home. I think I'm just gonna train enough that it comes naturally with no grip work. I actually like the way the grip feels; it's just coming up from a draw with the muzzle a tic high. It'll come.

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    I am more than impressed with the 'package for the money'.

Yes, I am stoked. Range review and more pics coming. (if we can figure out this JPEG BS again)
    Sorry, but no pics. Got no one to take photos and send them to me via email, but hopefully, tomorrow, one of my kids will be home to do for me.

As far as how they shoot? Well, again, everything about them was impressive. The grip is awesome for how I hold, especially during rapid fire. 75' groups with stock sights and my naked eye (on a muzzle rest, only) yielded 5-10 shot groups that averaged 2.1" with my gun and my wife's 2.4", respectively. There is a tiny burr, or shaving, where the sight adjustment pin screws in and out that caused a shadow in the sight picture on the right side of the rear sight (wife's gun). Hopefully that is what made me .3" bigger in group size and will easily come off with a razor blade. Still, with my tired eyes and factory sights, I'm impressed. By blacking out the rear sight and shaving a little off the front sight post (to let a little more light in the sight picture), I believe I could get them right to 2", or maybe even better. I'd love to see just what these things would do with a 2X8 power at 50 yds. My guess, with Wilson or Stan Chen .45 target ammo, would be in the neighborhood of 2 to 3".

Range trip cost me exactly 1 box of 45 ammo, but it was well worth just to test function and accuracy. Mags worked perfectly, though I didn't try more than 10rds per at a time, and the gun, extraction, and ejection was 'bout as good as it could be. I can't say how impressed I was with them. Very happy I opened my mind to give this Glock thing another chance.

FWIW, we just ordered my son his own G41 (that he's paying for) and we ordered a pair of Gen 4 G17's for my twin daughter's pillows. 6 to 7 days on those, and yep, I'm looking forward to getting some rapid fire action with the 17's. Got a great deal on the three, too, at one of the local's BF sale. I'm still stoked!

(Mercer County)

Very sweet set of pistols, Sir! The only thing I do to the grip is remove some material from the outside edge of the trigger guard. If I don't, the middle knuckle of my middle finger gets pissed and rebels.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast