Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Glocks came home, yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    Get yourself a Dillon 650! You won't see daylight for at least three weeks after it comes in. Tell yourself you need it, and tell your wife all about how you'll be able to reload for a third of the cost that you can currently buy ammo for.

Don't tell her though, that you'll end up shooting 6 times as much as you currently do
    My best friend owes me a bunch of favors, so a couple times a year we go spend a long weekend with him and his family. He'll do a bunch up for me on his machine...I just bring the bullets and casings. I have thought about getting my own rig, but my wife gives me a dirty look on occasion for talking to you blokes. Maybe when Woody turns into an over cooked noodle, I'll ge me a rig of my own. Gots to keep her happy.

BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Update on the wife; she ain't having no part of dumping her Para AL framed commander carry for the G30S. I said we could talk about it, later, when she was in a better mood. She said she was already in a good mood.

I guess no actually does mean no.

With all due respect, it is a nice gun once we got the thing running right. Shoots great, too, but has a mild kick...kinda like a polymer .45 of the same size.

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    it's just coming up from a draw with the muzzle a tic high. It'll come.
    This problem is all but gone. Gotta admit, I was a little worried it would take a long time, but it was easier than I thought. Slide reference to rapid fire and on point from draw before sight reference, all good. Stretching my wrists was the worst part of the whole thing, but that wasn't that bad. It just took a little time. Very happy with the decision.

I'd say 'I'll stop rambling, now', but you guys already know I won't...so I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post

In the kit comes a new Glock 41, trigger adjusted to a 4.5 lb pull (gonna test that when dig my gauge out of my tool box, but if it's off, it ain't much),
    Ok, so I finally got around to testing the triggers on each gun. One came in at 5lbs, 8oz to break and the other came in at 5lbs, 11oz to break, respectively. Not too far off from fac setting, but I thought it would be closer. Still, as smooth as the trigger action is and as short as the pull is, it doesn't feel like it's over 5 lbs, but the scale doesn't lie.

(Lancaster County)

Have you checked into holsters for the G41? I'll be checking into the Safariland ALS. I know the slide is thinner so would it fit a G35 holster?or 34?
    I'm thinking it's just a little bigger than a 1911 and if all goes well at the range it will be my new carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Have you checked into holsters for the G41? I'll be checking into the Safariland ALS. I know the slide is thinner so would it fit a G35 holster?or 34?
    I'm thinking it's just a little bigger than a 1911 and if all goes well at the range it will be my new carry.
    I honestly don't know that, yet. The only holsters I've looked at are for a G36 (still waiting on that one to come in). I'm using these Glocks for plates and pillow guns and my daughters are shooting the 34's, now. They are getting ready to turn 21, so holsters will be on their mind, soon, too....hopefully for the G36, as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123