Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Glocks came home, yesterday.

I really liked the gen4s. im notnsure what makes it so much better to me but ill only buy the gen4s from now on

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    Very sweet set of pistols, Sir! The only thing I do to the grip is remove some material from the outside edge of the trigger guard. If I don't, the middle knuckle of my middle finger gets pissed and rebels.
    You are correct to the T. Already started looking at that. I got a slight mark on that exact knuckle from yesterday and could start to feel it about 50 rds in. Going to round it off, for sure.

BTW, according to range paper, lane 9 (where I was and first time at that range) is only 60', not 75', but I'll take it for being first time shooting them. All in all was 150 rds (100 WWB and 50 Fed)...no malfunctions.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    I really liked the gen4s. im notnsure what makes it so much better to me but ill only buy the gen4s from now on
    With the G19 at least, the grip is slightly smaller than the previous generations when no backstrap is installed. Obviously the texturing is different. It makes all the difference in the world, to me.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    You are correct to the T. Already started looking at that. I got a slight mark on that exact knuckle from yesterday and could start to feel it about 50 rds in. Going to round it off, for sure.

BTW, according to range paper, lane 9 (where I was and first time at that range) is only 60', not 75', but I'll take it for being first time shooting them. All in all was 150 rds (100 WWB and 50 Fed)...no malfunctions.
    You're making want one, bad. I really do "need" a full size Glock .45

Very sweet set of pistols, Sir! The only thing I do to the grip is remove some material from the outside edge of the trigger guard. If I don't, the middle knuckle of my middle finger gets pissed and rebels.
    I pretty much let my Glocks alone too. I have two Gen 3s & a Gen 4. I've tried all the backstraps on the Gen4 & the ergonomics don't seem to suck any less than the Gen3 s, so I Just leave them off. Glock ergonomics are what they are. Some people can adapt to them & shoot the guns well & some can't. I have large hands & long fingers, so I've never had much of a problem with them.

If they have the standard Glock sights, I always change them & I add an extended slide release to all of mine, because I don't use the slingshot method during mag changes. Other than that, they stay the way they came.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    I pretty much let my Glocks alone too. I have two Gen 3s & a Gen 4. I've tried all the backstraps on the Gen4 & the ergonomics don't seem to suck any less than the Gen3 s, so I Just leave them off. Glock ergonomics are what they are. Some people can adapt to them & shoot the guns well & some can't. I have large hands & long fingers, so I've never had much of a problem with them.

If they have the standard Glock sights, I always change them & I add an extended slide release to all of mine, because I don't use the slingshot method during mag changes. Other than that, they stay the way they came.
    I agree with you, as well. I like the way the grip is with no change, the best. I had a pair of Gen 3 21's that felt the same, but I didn't give them a fair chance, and the stipole on the Gen 4 is perfect, IMO. Gonna leave the the grips as is.

I'm gonna doctor the sights a bit like I did on the 21's. I use the top of the sights, so it's irrelevant what kind they are as long as the right amount of light is in the pic, at least for me.

Damn, talking about this makes me want to call out for the rest of my shift. There is plenty of .45 ammo here in town, now. Just a debit card swipe away.

You're making want one, bad. I really do "need" a full size Glock .45
    Oh yea...ya got to have one. I've already begun selling some of my 1911's, and will probably sell all of them if I get the draw down 100%. I'm about 90% there, now, but I'm going against reason and forcing it. My patience says I don't have time to wait.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    I agree with you, as well. I like the way the grip is with no change, the best. I had a pair of Gen 3 21's that felt the same, but I didn't give them a fair chance, and the stipole on the Gen 4 is perfect, IMO. Gonna leave the the grips as is.

I'm gonna doctor the sights a bit like I did on the 21's. I use the top of the sights, so it's irrelevant what kind they are as long as the right amount of light is in the pic, at least for me.

Damn, talking about this makes me want to call out for the rest of my shift. There is plenty of .45 ammo here in town, now. Just a debit card swipe away.
    Get yourself a Dillon 650! You won't see daylight for at least three weeks after it comes in. Tell yourself you need it, and tell your wife all about how you'll be able to reload for a third of the cost that you can currently buy ammo for.

Don't tell her though, that you'll end up shooting 6 times as much as you currently do

Get yourself a Dillon 650! You won't see daylight for at least three weeks after it comes in. Tell yourself you need it, and tell your wife all about how you'll be able to reload for a third of the cost that you can currently buy ammo for.

Don't tell her though, that you'll end up shooting 6 times as much as you currently do
    Another argument is that you'll be able to spend more quality time with her. I've had a Rock Chucker for almost 40 years & when I got my 650, I just couldn't believe how fast I could load a thousand rounds.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    Another argument is that you'll be able to spend more quality time with her. I've had a Rock Chucker for almost 40 years & when I got my 650, I just couldn't believe how fast I could load a thousand rounds.
    Ah yes, can't forget the quality time

Seriously though, you really can pump rounds out. It's scary fast once you hit your stride and get a rhythm going.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast