Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PMR 30

(Cumberland County)

Default PMR 30

I haven't heard anything bad on them? My lgs has a titanium one new for $429. Thinking about picking up this 22 mag????? Anyone own?
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Default Re: PMR 30

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I haven't heard anything bad on them? My lgs has a titanium one new for $429. Thinking about picking up this 22 mag????? Anyone own?
    Get it. Yes, its a Kel Tec, but for that money, id take my chances. They were going for 600, and up to 1k during the great scare of 2013. If anything, keep it as an investment.

(Lackawanna County)

ive got pics of a kaboom in one at home.

(Montgomery County)

I was looking at picking one up but when I found one I was in a hurry and couldn't wait around for the paperwork/background check, so a friend I was with bought it. Thankfully I had other things I had to do that day. I got to shoot it and quickly realized that the novelty quickly wears off once you come to the conclusion that you can shoot a 9mm for around the same price. It was fun to put a mag or two through, but thats about it. If you already have a 22mag, go for it. If you don't already shoot 22mag, then save your money unless you are going to purchase more guns in the same round.
    Your web muscles do not frighten me.

(Cumberland County)

I do have other 22 mags. I am not a Kel-Tec fan, but I have heard the PMR and their shotguns are much better quality than their semi pistols. First caught my eye because I remember how much they went for during the scare and when they were scarce, and what they still go for - especially the titanium. I'll probably grab it - they are putting it aside for me
    Thanks!

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

I have not seen any at my local shops in stock. I see they have an OD green version which is right up my alley. I have wanted a PMR30 since they came out but was not paying $500-$800 for a plastic Keltec that is supposed to street for around $325. I did see that the price from Keltec went up a good bit from what they were a year or so ago thus $400 for one is not too awful bad I guess. After seeing the KSG in action in person I scratched that off the list.

(Elk County)

Owned one for several months and two takedown pins.

By that I mean, inside of 100 rds the takedown pin that came with the PMR 30 failed, cracked at the retainer groove. A call to K-Tel (yeah, I posted that correctly) got two pins in the mail in a few days.

Pin #2, one of the replacements, cracked at the retainer groove between 250 and 300 rds. I installed Pin #3, the second of the two replacments, and sold the pistol.

The retainer pins had a trapezoidal profile to the retainer groove, and IMO a semi-circular profile groove would have been better and less of a stress-riser. That said, the heat treating on the pin may have been "off."

I'll say it again, "friends don't let friends buy K-Tel."

However, maybe the factory fixed the takedown pin problem. Buy the PMR30 and be part of their volunteer extended product testing staff.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Owned one for several months and two takedown pins.

By that I mean, inside of 100 rds the takedown pin that came with the PMR 30 failed, cracked at the retainer groove. A call to K-Tel (yeah, I posted that correctly) got two pins in the mail in a few days.

Pin #2, one of the replacements, cracked at the retainer groove between 250 and 300 rds. I installed Pin #3, the second of the two replacments, and sold the pistol.

The retainer pins had a trapezoidal profile to the retainer groove, and IMO a semi-circular profile groove would have been better and less of a stress-riser. That said, the heat treating on the pin may have been "off."

I'll say it again, "friends don't let friends buy K-Tel."

However, maybe the factory fixed the takedown pin problem. Buy the PMR30 and be part of their volunteer extended product testing staff.

Noah
    Thanks, will definitely have to think it through. I usually go with that motto of friends don't let friends buy kel tec" but thought this one was different - lol. Plus saw they were still going for $500+ so couldn't go wrong. Will have to sleep on it
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

i got to try one out this summer.

was about as reliable as the Grendel.
    glad i didnt spend the $$ for it or the $200 worth of 22 mag ammo we burnt up slowly.

Was not impressed at all, for that much $ I could build 2 semi stens or more Cz guns.
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

(Tioga County)

I always avoid Kel-tec because before they perfect a gun into being halfways reliable and useful, they are already bouncing to the next piece of overpriced vaporware. They use all these weird ugly colored plastics and checkering and throw weird stuff out there to try to be cool.

It's always funny to watch the Nutnfancy run n guns when the Kel Tec rep turns up and the Kel tecs are always conking out and he's always like yeah, yeah it's a pre-pre-pre production, in development, all that you know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast