Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crime Alert

(Berks County)

Default Re: Crime Alert

I'll do that later today. Thanks for the info.

While your department may be understaffed, the term "understaffed" and "Exeter" don't fit together in my mind....but I certainly understand how this would fall to the very bottom of the priority list. I honestly wasn't going to report it until my wife mentioned she noticed a few Exeter cars parked down a few houses earlier in the morning, so I figured we weren't alone. This is now the 2nd GPS that walked away in the 5+yrs that we've been up here.
    Last edited by MJH; June 5th, 2015 at 08:53 AM.

if only we legalized crystal meth and heroin all these problems would disappear
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Berks County)

No, they would still need to pay for it. Legal AND free, bingo! Raise my taxes and give it out free....as much as they want. The only thing preventing most of them from OD'ing is not being able to buy enough to finish the job. Here's a pound of meth/heroin, go make the world a better place.

(Berks County)

Oh yeah, I'm sure....
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Berks County)

Recent copper thefts:

Keep your eyes peeled if you have any vacant, foreclosed, or unoccupied homes in your vicinity. Recently, there has been an upturn in thefts of copper piping from homes that are unoccupied, vacant, foreclosed, or up for sale. The culprits are breaking in and cutting out the copper pipe for selling to scrapyards.
    This is nothing new, but I'm noticing a recent significant spike in the last few weeks. If you see someone snooping around a vacant home, don't assume it's a prospective buyer, call 911 and the cops will investigate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

jw34, are you even allowed to tell people that? I mean, I know this is a internet forum, nobody knows who you are and all. But a little birdy told me, newtown sq (delco) has the same problem
    but supposedly, the township was told to keep it hush hush (property values and what not) nothing in the papers.. Just curious.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    jw34, are you even allowed to tell people that? I mean, I know this is a internet forum, nobody knows who you are and all. But a little birdy told me, newtown sq (delco) has the same problem
    but supposedly, the township was told to keep it hush hush (property values and what not) nothing in the papers.. Just curious.
    Police work should have nothing to do with property values, and should not hide true crimes for the sake of keeping people in a state of blissful ignorance.
    I'm not aware of being in violation of any policy. I did not release any specific information.

Police work hand in hand with the residents, you are our eyes. We've only got two or three pair working at a time. We need your thousands.

I could always be more specifically vague, ie..... "This is a common crime, please be extra alert"
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by jw34 View Post
    Police work should have nothing to do with property values, and should not hide true crimes for the sake of keeping people in a state of blissful ignorance.
    I agree, too bad our Lancaster City PD doesn't feel the same way: https://gis.co.lancaster.pa.us/lcpim/

You'll notice that they're an island of ignorance when it comes to reporting crimes within their jurisdiction.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by jw34 View Post
    I'm not aware of being in violation of any policy. I did not release any specific information.

Police work hand in hand with the residents, you are our eyes. We've only got two or three pair working at a time. We need your thousands.

I could always be more specifically vague, ie..... "This is a common crime, please be extra alert"
    Its not police work, its reporting the crimes in the paper. They dont want the residents that pay top dollar (and taxes) for their homes to know. It would give newtown sq a black eye

(Berks County)

http://6abc.com/news/homeowner-shoot...ks-co/1089420/

http://www.readingeagle.com/news/art...ets-police-say

Scumbag robbers yelled 'freeze. Police.' when they broke into the house. 2 shot and injured by the homeowner.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast