Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Glock 26..opinions?

I am looking to purchase a Glick 26 and I am looking for info/opinions. I mentioned this purchase to some guys at the range and one of them owns a g26 and said they are only good for 2 things-concealment and 1 shot. He elaborated that they are horrible too shoot. I am relatively new to shooting and currently have a G19.
    So can anyone offer their own opinion or info in the G26? Planning in going to Trop to rent one (yes trope gun) but figured I would ask as well.
    Thanks,
    Steve

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Glock 26..opinions?

Steve I don't think there is anything wrong with the Glock 26. I have had my Gen 3 Glock 26 at least 4 years now and I never had any issues with it. I have put well over 2,000 rounds through it and never had a malfunction or even a jam. As far as the guys comment at your range I do agree they are great for conceal carry but 1 shot I don't understand that comment. I keep my 26 loaded with the Pearce grip extension with gives my +1 so when I shoot at the range I put 11 +1 in the chamber and run through the whole clip. Like I said never had malfunctions or jams. Now that being said I do take care of my weapons cleaning and lubracating them as well as not using junk ammunition. There are a lot of Glock haters out there but I could only say put one in your hands and make up your own mind. And hey if your in the South Philly area and want to go to the range let me know you can see how mine shoots to see if you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveO666 View Post
    I am looking to purchase a Glick 26 and I am looking for info/opinions. I mentioned this purchase to some guys at the range and one of them owns a g26 and said they are only good for 2 things-concealment and 1 shot. He elaborated that they are horrible too shoot. I am relatively new to shooting and currently have a G19.
    So can anyone offer their own opinion or info in the G26? Planning in going to Trop to rent one (yes trope gun) but figured I would ask as well.
    Thanks,
    Steve

(Westmoreland County)

IMO the sub compacts are not enough of a step change in size with respect to concealment vs. the mid size frame (G19 / G23).

I wouldn't say the sub compacts are horrible to shoot but their handling characteristics are certainly inferior to the G19 / G23 size frame.

Once you add the +1 and +2 magazine finger extensions which tends to make the grip length comparable to the 19 / 23, and when you consider that the grip circumference is the same and although barrel length is shorter, barrel length is not usually the limiting factor in concealment, you end up for the most part with a mid sized glock.

I adjust my attire and carry the mid size frame glocks (19 and 38).

I'm gonna have to agree with TonyF.

I love the 26. It's a very accurate, controllable subcompact doublestack, but a 19 is not much harder to conceal, IMO.

(Cumberland County)

I highly recommend the G26. I have put over a thousand rounds through mine with no hiccups. I shoot it just as accurately as my G19 and almost as well as my G34. For me, I am 5'10 175 and my G19 is just a tad too big to comfortably conceal, especially when I am seated (I.E. in a car). I carry my G26 in a crossbreed supertuck in the 4 o'clock position and it is easy to conceal and unobtrusive despite being a double stack. I would recommend this handgun to anyone and urge you to rent it at TROP's and see for yourself. I hope this helps and good luck.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by pokerguy005 View Post
    I highly recommend the G26. I have put over a thousand rounds through mine with no hiccups. I shoot it just as accurately as my G19 and almost as well as my G34. For me, I am 5'10 175 and my G19 is just a tad too big to comfortably conceal, especially when I am seated (I.E. in a car). I carry my G26 in a crossbreed supertuck in the 4 o'clock position and it is easy to conceal and unobtrusive despite being a double stack. I would recommend this handgun to anyone and urge you to rent it at TROP's and see for yourself. I hope this helps and good luck.
    I second that emotion
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Butler County)

If you are comfortable with the two finger grip, I think you will like it. I find it to be very easy to shoot, and conceal. I am not a fan of the mag extensions. You may as well just carry the 19. Don't think you are going to wrap your hand around it like a larger pistol though. Your little finger will not be part of your grip with the 26.(Unless you use mag extensions) You can carry a larger mag as a backup/reload. You won't know until you try it, but lots of guys are real happy with em.

I got a 33 and a .40 barrel which has more recoil than the 9mm. I find the recoil manageable even with the more powerful .357sig. Not too difficult to put all shots on target at a decent rate of fire. The 33 gets carried most often even though I own a 32 and 31 also. I end up hitting the grip of the 32 on too much stuff in the course of the day and don't have that problem with the 33. I do have the GAP plates in the link below on my 33 mags, it helps draw from concealment and getting a more secure grip. I would without hesitation get a G26.

http://www.concealablecontrol.com/

(Montgomery County)

I certainly disagree with the 26 being "one shot", that's just silly.

I prefer the 26 over the 19 because I'd rather have my pinky curled under instead of three fingers bunched up on the 19's frame. For me it's 26 or 17.

The 26 is arguably the best mixture of concealability, capacity and shootability of any handgun out today. For me, it carries much easier than a 19. And you can keep 15 or 17 round mags for backup. I shoot the 26 just as well as the 17. It's extremely comfortable for me, but I can see others not liking it.

Yes if you're going to go right ahead with an extended mag, just go 19 because you lose the 26's appeal of extreme concealability with that short frame.

I just bought a Glick. So did my wife. We are very happy with our Glicks. You can't go wrong.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast