Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Woman buys gun in fear of Ferguson verdict accidentally shoots, kills self

Well, that's the story, anyway...

http://kdvr.com/2014/11/23/police-wo...rguson-unrest/

Source: Fox31 Denver

FERGUSON, Mo. — A woman appears to have accidentally fatally shot herself in the head with a gun bought to prepare for possible Ferguson-related unrest, according to sources briefed on the police investigation.

The shooting occurred Friday night in downtown St. Louis, the city’s Metropolitan Police Department said, in an area dominated by vacant lots beside a football stadium.

The female victim, identified in a police report as Becca Campbell, 26, was a passenger in a car involved in an auto accident. Her 33-year-old boyfriend was driving, the sources said.

The boyfriend, who wasn’t identified, told police that the couple had bought a gun because of fears of unrest related to the pending grand jury decision on the shooting of Michael Brown, the sources said.

He told investigators that as they drove late Friday night, the victim waved a gun, jokingly saying the couple were ready for Ferguson, the sources said.

He ducked to get out of the way of the gun and accidentally rear-ended another car. He said the accident caused the gun to go off and she was struck by a bullet in the head, the sources said.

The victim was rushed to a hospital but died.

The investigation is continuing because police want to be sure the story as told by the boyfriend is correct, the sources said. Police are awaiting gun trace results, as part of the ongoing investigation.

(Bucks County)

Ummm....I guess she no longer needs to worry about the verdict?

Default Re: Woman buys gun in fear of Ferguson verdict accidentally shoots, kills self

He said the accident caused the gun to go off
    Once again wording it to make guns seem inherently unsafe.

1) She had a round in the chamber, which is NOT a good idea if you're unfamiliar with the firearm. And you definitely shouldn't be waving around a loaded gun (or any gun, for that matter).

2) She had her booger hook on the boom switch, which means when he hit the person in front of him SHE pulled the trigger and SHOT HERSELF in the head.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Woman buys gun in fear of Ferguson verdict accidentally shoots, kills self

Maybe the boyfriend offed the whacky girlfriend, accidently

(Delaware County)

NOTHING about this was an accident

(Montgomery County)

Wow... Now that's a story. Sounds like bullshit to me, but people are certainly dumb enough. Only two people know the truth, ones dead and the other could be lying so we'll never know most likely.
    -=pardon me while I burn and rise above the flames=-

(Lancaster County)

What's with "waving guns around"? I can almost understand "striking a pose" but just waving it around? Even "unloaded", what is the action meant to convey? Would it be like weaving in and out of lanes while driving or making slashing motions at your wife before carving the turkey ? Maybe sloshing gasoline on family members while fueling up the lawn mower? Is it to evoke laughter?

Seems strange to me. Anyone think the boyfriend was tired of being her boyfriend? Wave a gun around and see how often the muzzle points at your own face. No. Don't do that.

(Perry County)

Let me put my old cop senses to work.

They were in an argument. She either started hitting him or grabbing and pulling on him. Maybe he was punching her. This caused him to wreck the car. Already angry, he's not enraged and shoots her in the head.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    Maybe the boyfriend offed the whacky girlfriend, accidently
    'The investigation is continuing because police want to be sure the story as told by the boyfriend is correct, the sources said'

I think this says something about what you're saying......

(Beaver County)

GSR test?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast