Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Philadelphia Gun Show

November 22nd and 23d.

A surprise at this show...out in the front entrance section a guy is selling a pretty good selection of gun powder for reasonable (these days) prices.
    Picked up a pound of H-380 for $25.99 and a pound of 4320 for $27.49.
    Sorry, never thought to look for pistol powders, not needing any at present.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Philadelphia Gun Show

What is the deal with the Philadelphia armory show here? There are many smaller shows that get a lot of reviews but this one gets no press. The last show no one posted anything either.

For me the show is going downhill fast, haven't went in years. Just don't feel comfortable. Last time I did there were a bunch of rougher looking guys from the city, standing around waiting, while some young girl bought a Glock. Saw this more than once..........

Do any "reputable" shooters ( not the OP obviously) still go?

(Bucks County)

I go when I am in town. It is the closest to my home. But this weekend found me at the Ft. Lauderdale Gun Show @ the War Memorial(I just luv the non-pc name.) I found a Sarasota dealer selling Unique and Pistol Power for $25 each plus tax. That is the cheapest I have found in 3 years. Maybe powder has finally turned a corner.
    Also found a paki triangle point knife in need of some tlc for $10. It cleaned up nice, once I get it on the buffer it will shine.
    Not all things where cheaper, the grenade key chain which EM gave the link for $6 was selling for $10.
    Getting back to the armory gun show, it is an ok small gun show for locals. JMHO
    IANAL MPMO VIVA CUBA LIBRE

(Bucks County)

The show is relatively small. If crowded, the aisles can be frustrating. The low amount of advertising, as noted, is not appreciated by vendors.

There have been times when it was cancelled and no notice appeared on the website (that seems to have improved). For most of the warm weather last year (or the year before?) it was not held due to construction in the armory. It all had its affect on the show.

It would be quite a stretch to consider the wares on some tables gun-related.

Although Philadelphia has quite the stringent ordinance outlawing carrying of knives, there are quite a few taking up tables. How they legally exit the building and go about their business after purchasing is a mystery.

On Saturday afternoon I parked behind a sedan having a U.S. Government- Official Use registration plate. I can just guess it was parked by an ATF agent. A vendor I know said there were "cops" in there, available for anyone trying a straw purchase.

There has never been reloading supplies that I can recall but this time there was gun powder which really surprised me. I was glad to find and buy a couple pounds of H-380 and IMR 4320. Made the going in worthwhile.

And so it goes...you gotta go to find out what's there. I came pretty close to not going.