Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default P226 tacops vs CZ 75 sp-01

Hi Fellas

Trying to expand my collections/investments and i've been eyeing these two guns, 226 tacops threaded barrel and sp-01. A buddy of mine might want to let go of his 226 tacops w/ 20rnd magsx4. But i also know that the CZ is also at the top of the high end of handguns. Other than the huge price difference between the two, can you guys help me answer a few questions i couldn't find on youtube and google.

1. In you opinion, which is a more solid/quality/shtf gun?
    2. I won't be doing conceal carry but which weighs more because I know the CZ is all steel and p226 is alloy metal.
    3. I'm most concern about the retention of the finish on the barrel and the ejection port. I don't want to put 500rnds and the finish on the ejection port is all scratch to hell. The two have very different ejection port design, which one holds the finish better base on the mechanical moving parts when the gun fires?
    4. Resell values? The sig is much more expensive and with a threaded barrel may i dare say rare even? But the CZ-sp-01 shadow is hard to locate. I can't locate a brand new one at all in my search.

And any opinion is welcome as well.

thanks.

(Chester County)

Default Re: P226 tacops vs CZ 75 sp-01

The CZ SP-01 is worth tracking down. Try some on line retailers like Buds, and have one transferred locally. They will ship to your designated FFL. I have a few CZ pistols (three), and they are among the last I would consider selling. A friend has an SP-01, and it is my favorite shooting CZ pistol. The weight really soaks up recoil, and it is super accurate, and reliable.

(Chester County)

Ive owned the 226 and shoot my buddy's sp01 regularly. I promise you that if you shoot them back to back, you will prefer the CZ and produce smaller groups. It feels so much more natural than the sig. Its gonna be hard to find an sp01 in a rental fleet, but a 75b will give you a good idea.

I think the P series guns are overpriced. I got a pretty good price on the 226 I used to have, and still lost my shirt to get rid of it. If you get your hands on an sp01 you wouldn't lose nearly as much if you sell it.

(Chester County)

As for getting a shadow, just go up to tanners and give them a deposit. They will give you a great price... Probably match internet prices. Any dealer you go to is going to have to get in line to get it for you. Cz just doesn't make enough of them.

They had a regular SpO1 when I was there last week. Price on it was 620. Its probably gone now though. I've never seen a shadow sitting in the case at any shop.
    Last edited by 92gli; November 22nd, 2014 at 10:11 AM.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    Ive owned the 226 and shoot my buddy's sp01 regularly. I promise you that if you shoot them back to back, you will prefer the CZ and produce smaller groups. It feels so much more natural than the sig. Its gonna be hard to find an sp01 in a rental fleet, but a 75b will give you a good idea.

I think the P series guns are overpriced. I got a pretty good price on the 226 I used to have, and still lost my shirt to get rid of it. If you get your hands on an sp01 you wouldn't lose nearly as much if you sell it.
    I agree with this statement, however I would get the 226 because Sig. I used to have a basic nitron 226 and I regret getting rid of it. I did have to send it back to the factory for an issue with the barrel at one point, and I can tell you from my experience that Sigs cs SUCKS. Make sure you're spending the coin on the one that you want, because they both have steep price tags.

(Northampton County)

Looks like CZC is waiting on frames. You can call them and be added to the list if you want a Shadow Custom.

CGW has SP01's in stock and ready for upgrades.

*EDIT

CZC has the CZUB built Shadow in stock. $880
    Last edited by Armor Snail; November 22nd, 2014 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by S33401 View Post
    1. In you opinion, which is a more solid/quality/shtf gun?
    Why buy a SHTF gun if it's an investment? One scratch or shooting it kills value. Get a SHTF gun you can shoot without worry.

eta - BTW, either is good for SHTF, but the CZ is 3 skins cheaper. I'd personally take the Sig over the CZ. For real SHTF in the worst conditions, I'm taking a Glock.
    Last edited by harold63; November 22nd, 2014 at 05:26 PM.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Lancaster County)

I have a 226 Navy with a few thousand rounds through it. The ejection port still looks brand new. The barrel is another story but that's to be expected. I also have a CZ75BD with about half as many rounds through that still looks brand new. The barrel is not blued on that so there is no ware. For me, even the CZ75 is a better pistol than the Sig. The Shadow would only distance it out front that much more.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Mercer County)

Both are good guns. The SIG is going to be higher quality all the way around, though, and it should be considering it costs two to three hundred dollars more. A more appropriate comparison would be the CZ vs a SP2022.

That said, my next SIG will be a P226 of the single action only variety.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    Both are good guns. The SIG is going to be higher quality all the way around, though, and it should be considering it costs two to three hundred dollars more. A more appropriate comparison would be the CZ vs a SP2022.
    I don't think that's a valid comparison, as the SP2022 is polymer framed, and CZ produces the P-07, and P-09 that would be better comparisons. The all steel, or alloy/steel framed CZ's compare well to the more expensive Sigs. The days of the German quality Sigs are gone thanks to Cohen, and his focus solely on marketing.
    Last edited by Pilot321; November 22nd, 2014 at 08:50 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast