Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default New Beretta 92fs

Greetings:

Thought I would share my first handgun purchase...a Beretta 92fs that I got off Gun Broker. Sold with six mags and had only 240 rounds through it. Darn thing looks brand new. Best of all...won the auction for $356.00. Can't wait to take it to the range.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...P7020014-1.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...s/P7020015.jpg

I would also ask for help identifying the maker of the extra mags I got...not sure if you can make it out from the first picture...but the main marking is a "V" in a circle.

Thanks...

(Berks County)

Default Re: New Beretta 92fs

I am very jelous.

Enjoy my uncles design!

(Centre County)

I dig it. who'd you use for an FFL?

(Delaware County)

I used Dick Hughey in Aston and would highly recommend him. Great to communicate with and simply a real nice guy. He charges $25 for the fee and works out of his house. Below is his information:

Dick Hughey
    Richard Hughey Arms & Accoutrements
    6 Morgan Rd.
    Aston, PA 19014-2524
    phone: 610-497-3487
    fax: 610-497-9447
    cellular: 610-405-1313

Hours: 9:00am-9:00pm, 7 days a week!
    Transfer fee: $25.00

(Philadelphia County)

There is something about that exposed barrel and that slide that just looks so sweet. I wanted one right after I saw Lethal Weapon. Gotta get one. Congrats on the buy. Have fun....

"If you do not stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them". - ? Don't know who, but I like it

"Happiness is a warm gun" - The Beatles

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the Beretta Mafia.

It's a good, solid weapon, especially for what you paid for it.

For the future, consider a trigger job, which transforms it from a good to an exceptional weapon. I got one on mine, and it makes a world of difference.

Either way, happy shooting.
    VMJade
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

I also got a Beretta 92fs as my first handgun, I love it! Don't mean to be a dick, but why isn't the safety on?!

They're just like small children, Its an EGO thing, " well if I can't have it this way, then I want it this way"..WAAAAAH - BrownBear (speaking of liberals)

(Montgomery County)

Congrats Adenn1! - Great gun and sweet deal! 6 mags and the box and papers!
    Good luck with her

Don't mean to be a dick, but why isn't the safety on?!
    Why does the safety have to be on?

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    I also got a Beretta 92fs as my first handgun, I love it! Don't mean to be a dick, but why isn't the safety on?!
    Wait is isn't down fire and up is safety like a 1911?? I think that safety is on unless Beretta is retarded. So the safety is on. lol Could be wrong not to familiar with Beretta's. shot one once didn't like it to clunky for me.

To the OP nice pick up and great price. Enjoy her and take good care fof you and she will take great care of you. Now that aside I would very strongly recommend enrolling in a reputable defensive handgun course. It may very well save your life one day. Finally take it to the range and shoot the hell out of it. Learn how it shoots learn it's likes and dislikes. Every gun is different. In this world today practice does not make perfect. Practice allows you to survive, so get to it.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk06699 View Post
    Wait is isn't down fire and up is safety like a 1911?? I think that safety is on unless Beretta is retarded. So the safety is on. lol Could be wrong not to familiar with Beretta's. shot one once didn't like it to clunky for me.
    On the Beretta, and most guns with slide mounted safeties, up is off, down is on. If for some bizarre reason you choose to carry a double action semi-auto with a slide mounted safety with safety on, it's easier (though still not easy) to flip the safety off by pushing it up as you take a firing grip. The gun in the pictures is safety off. I was trained to carry the Beretta chamber loaded, safety off. In such a condition it's every bit as safe as any double action revolver, and arguably safer than any Glock, XD, or M&P that have NO manual safeties and much shorter lighter trigger pulls. If someone really wants to carry a double action auto safety on, more power to them. It slows you down unnecessarily, but that's an individual choice. I can only assume such folks feel that it's only safe to carry Glocks, Sigs, XDs, M&Ps, Sigmas, etc., all of which lack manual safeties, chamber empty.

I NEVER had any of my Beretta's, my personal one or the ones I carried on duty, malfunction. Not once, in all kinds of environments and wildly differing weather conditions, through tens of thousands of rounds. They are accurate, flawlessly reliable, and for some reason fit my hand like a glove. I'm jealous of the OP... great gun, and a great buy!!
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast