Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Glock 41's instead of 21's

Well, the Mrs. and I placed our order, today, for two (uh...his and hers) G41's. We should be picking them up on Thurs or Fri. Gonna have Glocks back in the house, again. Where's the irony in that after all the Glock hatred I contributed to (not recently, though...I've been warming back up to them....those long, thin slides...adjustable rear straps..uummm. It just got to be too much )

We were deliberating on whether or not to re-purchase the two G21's we sold a while back, but the Gen 4 41 has the straps and ambi mag release, plus, that pocket carry slide (as long as it's a deep pocket). With us not target shooting much, anymore, and wanting a new challenge, it just seemed to make sense. Anyway, it's a done deal. (that is an excited, walking fart grin, BTW).

BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Glock 41's instead of 21's

The thin slide on the 41 is what did it for me. The 21s are just too, well, blocky

(Lackawanna County)

I was impressed with the G41's trigger. I know they're supposed to be "all the same", but it felt smoother than usual when I had my chance to pop off a few with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDonJohnson View Post
    I was impressed with the G41's trigger. I know they're supposed to be "all the same", but it felt smoother than usual when I had my chance to pop off a few with it.
    I held one in a shop here in my town and one in Ft. Myers (half hour away). They were reminiscent of the PT 24/7 Pro's I (my daughters) have. None of the triggers are/were bad, but none feel/felt exactly the same. The only pistols I've ever felt super consistency with were Sig P220's, FN 45 tacs, and HK USP/P30/45...and a tuned 1911.
    Last edited by harold63; November 20th, 2014 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson Guy View Post
    The thin slide on the 41 is what did it for me. The 21s are just too, well, blocky
    It definitely fit the gun, better, from an aesthetic point of view. The grip is still big, but the stippling is darn good (if it holds up, well), and easier to hold with one hand, especially with a shooting glove on. To look at it, I think it is cool as hell. Even the Mrs. likes it, but she won't be one handing it too much. My daughter, on the other hand.....
    Last edited by harold63; November 20th, 2014 at 11:27 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Well, the Mrs. and I placed our order, today, for two (uh...his and hers) G41's. We should be picking them up on Thurs or Fri. Gonna have Glocks back in the house, again. Where's the irony in that after all the Glock hatred I contributed to (not recently, though...I've been warming back up to them....those long, thin slides...adjustable rear straps..uummm. It just got to be too much )

We were deliberating on whether or not to re-purchase the two G21's we sold a while back, but the Gen 4 41 has the straps and ambi mag release, plus, that pocket carry slide (as long as it's a deep pocket). With us not target shooting much, anymore, and wanting a new challenge, it just seemed to make sense. Anyway, it's a done deal. (that is an excited, walking fart grin, BTW).

I see you wised up, again.

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    I see you wised up, again.
    Yea, it's been on my mind for a while. Then I held the 41. My new motto is '41 and you're done'.

eta - now, to get my wrist to bend forward a little more off the draw. It will come with some practice, I'm sure. My wife isn't keen on sending them out to be 'hacked' on, as she called it.
    Last edited by harold63; November 20th, 2014 at 11:38 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDonJohnson View Post
    Doesn't the 41 have a bit more of a target trigger like the 34/35?

Yet to handle a 41 - going to have to now!

I handled a friend's G41 a couple weeks ago & liked the feel. We had G21's for duty guns & the only thing I really didn't like about them was that the slide was so wide & flat that it reminded me of the deck on an aircraft carrier. That's not an issue when carrying in a drop leg holster like we did, but makes it a big gun to carry for personal use, especially if you want to conceal. I'm kinda' sorry I sold my personal G21.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Sights, trigger, Silencero Osprey...then maybe some stippling by Boresight Solutions or SSVi.

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast