Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (York County)

Default Re: Moving to the Carlisle area soon...

...and just down Rt. 74 in Wellsville are two very nice clays clubs too. When it warms up in the spring hit me up and I'll meet you over there for a round of skeet if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by billm67 View Post
    Welcome to the area...Dillsburg is a nice town. Just far enough out of Harrisburg to not be in the middle of everything. You are not far away from several good sportman clubs/associations. Carlisle Fish and Game is a big club for shotgun sports. They have at least 5 trap ranges, two or three skeet ranges and several sporting clays/5 stand courses. Very nice guys over there. Mechanicsburg Sportsman Association has a couple of trap ranges as well as nice rifle ranges. They are best know for their archery programs. In fact the last several years the PSAA has had their hunter class championships at Mechanicsburg. West Shore is another club nearby that is active with their IDPA group but has had a lot of upheaval in their leadership and is kind of trying to figure out exactly what their club is going to be in the future.

Lots of good clubs and stuff to do in the area.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Adams County)

...and just down Rt. 74 in Wellsville are two very nice clays clubs too. When it warms up in the spring hit me up and I'll meet you over there for a round of skeet if you are interested.
    I used to be a member at Warrington. Any idea how things are going there? I know things went through some upheaval and I don't shoot enough clays to keep up the membership. (Though I should.)
    --Sam

(Cumberland County)

Dillsburg is a great town, lived there 26 years growing up. I have family that live right across from the VFW. I have a buddy that is big into reenacting that you should meet. I'll have to get a hold of him and see if can do lunch together or shooting sometime.

Also take a look a Sheetz I know after a few months my brother was an asst. manager making around $14 an hour with some nice benifits
    Last edited by JcBook47; January 14th, 2015 at 11:02 AM.
    CZ Owner Walter Owner Remington Owner Lanco Tatical Owner

(York County)

Sam1911, I'm not a member there, and I don't shoot enough clays either. I usually shoot at Cen. Penn. just a few times a year, mostly at charity events. Cen Penn has been a well run place in my book.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123