Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: My OC journal

(Lebanon County)

Default My OC journal

My LTCF arrived today, exactly 36 days from the day I applied. I note that the issue date listed on it is exactly 30 days from the day I applied, but my check was cashed that first week.

So, like a kid on the diving boards for the first I took a deep breath, banished the fears, put on my OC holster with my G23 in it, did a "buck eye tuck" as explained to me by Frank, and stepped out into the wonderful world of OC around Allentown.

First stop was Staples at the South Mall to get some PAFOA flyers made up. While waiting on those we headed over to Starbucks for my shorter half to get some frilly vanilla bean thing. Back to Staples to pick up the flyers. Then we headed out to the Shops at Saucon Valley. We spent some time in Fresh Market, where the cashier seemed a bit nervous, but otherwise didn't even notice a second glance from anyone. Then off to Barnes and Noble where I got a funny look from some old lady, but I don't know if it was just for my general appearance or if she noticed the gun. The cashier seemed very nervous there as well, but didn't say a thing. Last stop was Giant, on Emmaus avenue. After checking out we were looking through the available videos at the Redbox and a manager heading out the door in a hurry did a serious double take, hesitated, stumbled, recovered, and kept going. We didn't rent any videos, they were out of everything we wanted to see.

I have to concur with what others here have already said. Most people just don't seem to notice.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: My OC journal

Oh, forgot to add, while at Giant someone did notice my fiancees Jimmie Johnson NASCAR #48 crocs shoes.

(Berks County)

I applaud you for taking your first OC outing...and boo your wife for her taste in drivers.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by truecrimson View Post
    My LTCF arrived today, exactly 36 days from the day I applied. I note that the issue date listed on it is exactly 30 days from the day I applied, but my check was cashed that first week.

So, like a kid on the diving boards for the first I took a deep breath, banished the fears, put on my OC holster with my G23 in it, did a "buck eye tuck" as explained to me by Frank, and stepped out into the wonderful world of OC around Allentown.

First stop was Staples at the South Mall to get some PAFOA flyers made up. While waiting on those we headed over to Starbucks for my shorter half to get some frilly vanilla bean thing. Back to Staples to pick up the flyers. Then we headed out to the Shops at Saucon Valley. We spent some time in Fresh Market, where the cashier seemed a bit nervous, but otherwise didn't even notice a second glance from anyone. Then off to Barnes and Noble where I got a funny look from some old lady, but I don't know if it was just for my general appearance or if she noticed the gun. The cashier seemed very nervous there as well, but didn't say a thing. Last stop was Giant, on Emmaus avenue. After checking out we were looking through the available videos at the Redbox and a manager heading out the door in a hurry did a serious double take, hesitated, stumbled, recovered, and kept going. We didn't rent any videos, they were out of everything we wanted to see.

I have to concur with what others here have already said. Most people just don't seem to notice.
    Very proud of you!!! you did excellent!! Takes balls for your very first carry to be an OC adventure

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Delaware County)

Outstanding Start! Keep the reports coming
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by CommonHighrise View Post
    I applaud you for taking your first OC outing...and boo your wife for her taste in drivers.
    And shoes! :yuck:

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Lebanon County)

Another good read! Thank you for posting this.

(Lebanon County)

Yesterday I OC'ed into the Turkey Hill on Lehigh Street, and 28th I think. Had my usual pleasant conversation with the clerks.

Today I took my fiancee down to the campground her aunt stays at for a day of fishing, and swimming. She asked me to cover up, as it is full of regulars who have known her since childhood, and she didn't want to make any waves. I was delighted that she didn't ask me not to carry, and that simply untucking my t-shirt was sufficient. And then the unthinkable happened. Just after throwing back my 4th sunny, a 2 foot catfish swam by while I was rebaiting my hook.

On the way home I stopped by the Super Wal Mart on Old 222/Hamilton Road (Trexler). No one seemed to even notice, except for one gentleman, holding a baby

Man with baby- "Excuse me friend, you're showing." and pointed to my gun. Me-blushing "It's OK, It's legal in Pennsylvania."
    Man with baby-"OK, just wanted to let you know. I have a carry permit too."
    Me-"Thanks. Can I offer you a flyer?"
    Man with baby-taking the flyer "Thanks, I'd love to read it."

After that it was off to Giant on Emmaus again where I stood in line at the red box for a good 15 minutes. Several people seemed to notice, but no one seemed to care.

ETA: Wednesday night, doing laundry. Our laundry room is in the next apartment building. As I was going out of our building about 4 kids ranging from single digits through teens were coming in. The oldest exclaimed "Oh, snap, you gotta' gun!" I just smiled and kept going.

(Monroe County)

Good job! Glad I am not the only one that OCed in the Valley.

(Lebanon County)

Yesterday (Saturday 7/5)
    Apartment office on 30th/Klein St.
    Turkey Hill on Lehigh St.
    Giant on Emmaus Ave.
    STS Tire and Auto on Lehigh St.
    Home Depot on Lehigh St.
    South Mountain Reservoir up 10th Street off of Emmaus Ave. Teenagers and gang members were sneaking around the woods drinking, smoking something, setting off fireworks, and generally being loud. Young couples were sneaking off into the woods, and a lot of people were walking their dogs and jogging. I met a lovely young couple taking their 2 kids fishing who didn't mention my gun but did find a good use for my last 6 surviving 2 week old worms.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast