Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Never thought I would see the day, firearms for sale at KoP mall

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Gotcha. I don't know the area, so I suppose I can understand your amazement by the "change".
    It's all cool, I understand the dislike of some against Dick's and it is important to mention the mistakes of the past to help prevent them in the future.

BTW, my family is from Monaca and I still get out that way sometimes. Nice folks out there.

(Berks County)

How many people remember the M1 Carbines and M1 Garands sold at the KofP mall?

Probably bought three or four each there....

Ray

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by d4xycrq View Post
    How many people remember the M1 Carbines and M1 Garands sold at the KofP mall?

Probably bought three or four each there....

Ray
    Really, where? That's before my time. I started working in the area in 1994 and used to eat lunch at the mall all the time.

(Berks County)

Zephyr,

Woolworths. And at the Plymouth Meeting mall as well. M1 Carbines as low as $169. M1 Garands as low as $269. I think they were $349 normally.

I'd go over on my lunch hour to sift through what they had on display - and if they weren't too busy, I'd get the person behind the counter to bring out an armful from the back to look through.

Ray

(Delaware County)

Oh man that is cool! I forgot about Woolworths, they went out of business around here some time ago right?

They are still around overseas I think, I shopped at one in Heidelberg Germany a few years ago. I'm pretty sure there were no M1's there

(Berks County)

Zephyr,

Woolworths was gone in the early 90s~! I'm sure the Garands and Carbines were gone before then!

Meanwhile, I did gun sales for Hahn AB Rod & Gun Club once upon a time. The distributor we used was Frankonia Jagd - still in business. I wouldn't have been surprised if Frankonia had Garands and Carbines! But not in the Heidelberg Woolworths....

Fritz the farmer had one of each, no doubt....just hidden in the rafters. I remember a M1 Carbine on display at a German museum in Heidelberg...it was found in a farmer's field.

Ray

(Bucks County)

Me thinks some are protesting not liking dicks a bit too much

(Delaware County)

Meanwhile, I did gun sales for Hahn AB Rod & Gun Club once upon a time. The distributor we used was Frankonia Jagd - still in business. I wouldn't have been surprised if Frankonia had Garands and Carbines! But not in the Heidelberg Woolworths....

Ray
    Wow, cool! Small world Ray! I still have a lot of friends over there.

(Delaware County)

Zephyr,

Woolworths. And at the Plymouth Meeting mall as well. M1 Carbines as low as $169. M1 Garands as low as $269. I think they were $349 normally.

I'd go over on my lunch hour to sift through what they had on display - and if they weren't too busy, I'd get the person behind the counter to bring out an armful from the back to look through.

Ray
    I bought a model 49 Smith snub 38 spl from K of P woolworths in 1971. A time era long gone.

(Berks County)

Kings insight and Treeline. All real gun shops in the area.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast