Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Never thought I would see the day, firearms for sale at KoP mall

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Well King Shooters Supply is close to the KOP mall, and maybe that's the only real gun store left in the area. Still good to see big box stores still carrying guns.

The Philly burbs are getting more, and more liberal. Very sad.

Kings is great, I have bought a lot from them over the years and highly recommend them.

The KoP mall is so liberal "high end" that I was just really surprised to see anything shooting related there. Between the Tiffany store, Coach store, Tesla store and other really expensive place there is also now a place that sells shooting stuff. It is a strange pairing.

(Allegheny County)

To some extent liberals are forced to accept those knuckle-dragging neanderthals who own guns to hunt.
    After all, who would they get to DO everything for them? Electricians, plumbers, lawn guys, mechanics... all the "icky people".

And they begrudgingly accept the fact that the second amendment allows hunting. For now.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lackawanna County)

I'll be honest. Beyond Dick's (for obvious reasons) I will not purchase a gun at a big box store...or from an online outlet. I will always give my money to a locally owned LGS.

I recently purchased a Ruger American rifle from my LGS. I could have had it for less from an online source. However, it is well worth the box or two of ammunition I gave up by paying the higher price for the customer service and just doing my part to keep the LGS in business.

Firearms are still something that "mom and pops" still sell.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    I'll be honest. Beyond Dick's (for obvious reasons) I will not purchase a gun at a big box store...or from an online outlet. I will always give my money to a locally owned LGS.

I recently purchased a Ruger American rifle from my LGS. I could have had it for less from an online source. However, it is well worth the box or two of ammunition I gave up by paying the higher price for the customer service and just doing my part to keep the LGS in business.

Firearms are still something that "mom and pops" still sell.

Yeah, I hear this reply posted a lot. That isn't the point though - not even remotely close.

When I read that I hear, "Yeah, well, I don't really care that Dick's caved in to the cries of soccer moms and lumped a large segment of the shooting population in with murderous scum simply because they shoot rifles like the one used to kill a bunch of school kids - it's really no big deal."

I'd go on, but I have to go do something at the moment...

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Yeah, I hear this reply posted a lot. That isn't the point though - not even remotely close.

When I read that I hear, "Yeah, well, I don't really care that Dick's caved in to the cries of soccer moms and lumped a large segment of the shooting population in with murderous scum simply because they shoot rifles like the one used to kill a bunch of school kids - it's really no big deal."

I'd go on, but I have to go do something at the moment...
    Did you read post #4?

Also, and as I've posted before, I have a bigger issue with 2A supporters who shop at Dick's rather than the store itself. The store sells lots more soccer balls and cleats than it sells firearms. So, looking at their bottom line, they chose to piss off a fraction of their customers in order to appease a larger portion. It's a sound business decision.

It's also the reason I don't buy anything from Dick's.

(Delaware County)

My point was really not about Dicks, more about the King of Prussia Mall and immediate area.

It's a strange place. They have made a concerted effort to make that mall really ritzy over the last decade. You can valet park you car there and there are frequently Maseratis, Lambo's and other exotic cars in the parking lot. For years there weren't any drive throughs at the local fast food resturants like McDondalds because they weren't allowed. Valley Forge park is just down the street and it has been over populated with deer at different times in the past because the locals refused any attempt to control the population.

We used to have a big gun show at the Valley Forge convention center which was also down the street and we lost that too.

So in that area there has been a very steady trend downward related to anything shooting related. So I was very surprised to see this.

Yes by all means, I recommend shopping at King's instead, I have bought four pistols from them this year alone. I also support all the other small stores in the area and have voiced my support for them here.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    Go to the bathromm and drop off a. "Clogger".

Throw the toilet paper into the other stall and take the papertowles
    . Spit gum into the urinal and cover the eyesensor with black electrical tape. On the urinal sensors

Get a pair of pants and some boots from off the floor and make it look kie someones pooping in srall #2.

Someone did this at my work, sm,ed for.days.
    Bah that's nothing. Stop at Arby's, load up on some roast beef sandwiches, coat them with horsey sauce, then head to Dick's and give them an upper decker. They'll have to get wrist deep in your poo to clean that mess up, not only will it cost them hours of time to clean up but it will leave the employee tasked with the job permanently scarred.

That's new school revenge my friend.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Lackawanna County)

I agree the KoP Mall is a little high end for my taste.

That's not to say I wouldn't love a Tesla if quick charging stations would only pop up across the state.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    My point was really not about Dicks, more about the King of Prussia Mall and immediate area.

It's a strange place. They have made a concerted effort to make that mall really ritzy over the last decade. You can valet park you car there and there are frequently Maseratis, Lambo's and other exotic cars in the parking lot. For years there weren't any drive throughs at the local fast food resturants like McDondalds because they weren't allowed. Valley Forge park is just down the street and it has been over populated with deer at different times in the past because the locals refused any attempt to control the population.

We used to have a big gun show at the Valley Forge convention center which was also down the street and we lost that too.

So in that area there has been a very steady trend downward related to anything shooting related. So I was very surprised to see this.

Yes by all means, I recommend shopping at King's instead, I have bought four pistols from them this year alone. I also support all the other small stores in the area and have voiced my support for them here.

Gotcha. I don't know the area, so I suppose I can understand your amazement by the "change".

Sorry for crapping up the thread - I just can't stand the stance they took AGAINST gun owners ("business decision" or not, they DID stand WITH the antis, and against us), and I have a hard time restraining myself.

Fuck Dick's Sporting Goods with a bag of golf clubs.

And a golf cart.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Gotcha. I don't know the area, so I suppose I can understand your amazement by the "change".

Sorry for crapping up the thread - I just can't stand the stance they took AGAINST gun owners ("business decision" or not, they DID stand WITH the antis, and against us), and I have a hard time restraining myself.

Fuck Dick's Sporting Goods with a bag of golf clubs.

And a golf cart.

I much prefer the rotating pineapple wrapped in razor-wire and set ablaze, but to each his own.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast