Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Looking for a campground in Indiana Co.

Not that I'm a procrastinator, but I'm leaving this afternoon (7/2) and thought maybe I should make a reservation since this is one of the busiest camping holidays of the year. I'm taking my first born on a tour of IUP tomorrow. Both the main campus and the Culinary Arts School in Punxsuwtawney. Can anyone recommend a campground somewhere nearby?

Afterward, I'm headed for Potter Co. I'll be driving an RV towing a Jeep, so I could use some suggestions for a route from I-80 up to Rte 6 which won't make everyone car sick. 36 out of Brookville to 899 to 66 to 6 looks straight forward on the map, but I've been fooled before and was wondering if there's a route that's not too hilly or has too many 15 mph S curves.
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Looking for a campground in Indiana Co.

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    Not that I'm a procrastinator, but I'm leaving this afternoon (7/2) and thought maybe I should make a reservation since this is one of the busiest camping holidays of the year. I'm taking my first born on a tour of IUP tomorrow. Both the main campus and the Culinary Arts School in Punxsuwtawney. Can anyone recommend a campground somewhere nearby?

Afterward, I'm headed for Potter Co. I'll be driving an RV towing a Jeep, so I could use some suggestions for a route from I-80 up to Rte 6 which won't make everyone car sick. 36 out of Brookville to 899 to 66 to 6 looks straight forward on the map, but I've been fooled before and was wondering if there's a route that's not too hilly or has too many 15 mph S curves.
    As for the route - the one you pointed out is pretty straight and easy going. SR36 has very few curves and turns. Just slow down going through Sigel 10 miles north of Brookville, there is a blinker light intersection with a short field of view - many cars get whacked there.

SR899 has a few curves that you need to slow down for, and a downhill and uphill stretch that you need good brakes and torque for. As soon as you turn onto SR899, be prepared to down gear and ride brakes for about a mile or two. You'll cross over the Clarion River then go about 1-2 miles before climbing back up again. After that there is only a few turns that you should slow a bit for.

SR66 is pretty much a easy run. Fairly straight and flat. Just slow down for Marienville and Kane. Watch out for State Police along the road because there are some places where you could get up to decent speeds.

US119-US219(or SR36/SR28/US219) through Ridgway has some narrows and a few twisties. Not too bad, but I think the SR66 route would be easier on a RV and occupants.

Not sure about a campground between Indy and Punxy. ...sorry.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!