I had to renew my LTCF today (Coming from a Chester County LTCF to MontCo). I parked outside on Swede Road and went into the small entrance on the Swede Road side of the Courthouse. BTW: Make sure to bring cash for parking. The meter Kiosks there only take cash and coins, not cards.

I went into the door & to the left. At the security checkpoint metal detector I said: "I need to check a firearm". The Sheriff's Deputy said "Okay, please walk through the detector". I did. He asked for my LTCF. I provided it to him. Asked if I had any other mags on me, I said no. I was handed and filled out a form. He said to place my firearm in one of the lockers. I did & removed the key and handed the key to him. He provided me a "pink slip" copy of the form. I went to the Sheriff's Dept. Renewed my license. I walked back to the security check point. Gave the Deputy the pink slip. He said I could keep it. He gave me the key. I retrieved my Glock. He said have a great day. And I was back out to my car.

All in all it took me about 15 minutes from the time I parked until the time I was back into my car. Very simple and everyone there was friendly.