Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Beretta 84BB

Hybrid View

Default Beretta 84BB

So i was trolling the LGS last night and came across something i wanted advice on. I have always liked the look of the Cheetah (smaller, .380 version of the 92). The ones that i have seen lately are beat up or refinished.

Sitting in the case is a beautiful looking gun. Its not a Cheetah, it is marked Beretta 84BB. Same gun from the looks of things. The cool part is, the gun has some of the nicest bluing and finish i have ever seen. Back story is a guy bought it along time ago (had to be before the AWB in 93 cause it comes with 2 13rd mags), and it stayed in a safe for the last 20-30 years. When i say the gun is mint, i mean there's not even a hint of wear on it.

The only thing holding me back is i would hate to shoot and put wear on a gun that has survived this long without a mark on it. The price is right ($400) i think. What does everyone else think? The shop is holding it for me til today.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Beretta 84BB

B versions

The B versions of models 81, 82, 84, and 85 introduced an automatic firing pin safety, a shorter extractor and grooved front and back straps.

The 84 has a double stacked magazine with 13 round capacity

If you decide not to buy it please message me which store it was at!!

(Cumberland County)

They go for $300-$350 in fair shape, probably $450+ for good shape. If it is mint, I would jump on it! I prefer a de-cocker type safety on those models but for $400, I'd get it. Heck, offer him $350 cash, you never know
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

A great sized Beretta 380. I have shot my brothers many times and would buy it from him if he wanted to part with it. He doesn't and probably never will.

I would go for it if you like the all metal classics.The Browning 84 is a twin that looks just as good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iktgTo_jLVM

(Bucks County)

I have a 84bb, love the gun, being a double stack the gun fits nice in the hand.. the only thing I don't like is no decocker.. it's a well made gun mine was made in italy. i bought it in the 80's for about 325 IIRC.

The mag release is easy to change for a lefty

It shoots well and never had a problem with it..sounds like you found a good buy
    If You Need A Color In The Name Of Your Cause, You're The "RACIST" !

Picked it up today, it is really a nice gun. Pics will be coming soon, for those that may be interested. Thanks for the advice all!