Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Deleted

(Bucks County)

Default Deleted

This post came across wrong so I'm deleting it
    Last edited by nexgen91; April 17th, 2015 at 05:33 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Looking for someone to take me to New Holland range

371 Views and no reply??
    Last edited by nexgen91; April 17th, 2015 at 05:33 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by nexgen91 View Post
    371 Views and no reply??
    You have 9 posts in two years, including the two in this thread, and you are asking that someone commit to taking you to their private club, at which membership is closed, until a slot opens for you.

That is asking quite a bit, and had you left it at your first post, I would not have replied. But you asked for why so many views with no replies, so I will give you what I can.

You may find your match, but that is certainly not what I was expecting when I clicked on your title. From the title, I expected a new shooter looking for someone to take them to a range for their first time. I have done plenty of that and would even drive to New Holland to do so. That is why you got my 'view'.

If your title were:

Can you take me to your gun club, as your guest, until membership opens and I can join?

I would expect you would have far fewer views.

Also, keep in mind that what you are requesting may be against the club rules. My club only permits me to bring someone as a guest one time before they are required to apply for membership.

(Bucks County)

Thank you for your reply, I am not sure how these clubs, I have never HAD to join a club like this. I just thought that someone out there might be nice and to take me. Sorry if I have offend/bothered anyone. I'm not asking for someone to break their clubs rules, that was not my intention at all. I just thought maybe someone might have wanted someone to go to the range with and I could be that person, again my apologies.

(Chester County)

I was not trying to be overly harsh. It is easy to see a request from your own perspective and miss the implications. You even have good reason to have missed those implications. Having grown up shooting at private clubs, I would never make the request you made, but it is easy to understand how you could miss those implications if the way here is not the way where you came from.

I would be glad to take you to my club, Morgantown Rod & Gun.

It is not as close to you as New Holland, but it is only $30 per year and we are accepting new members.

Sometimes you just need to get into anywhere until you can get in to where you want.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sshuker View Post
    I was not trying to be overly harsh. It is easy to see a request from your own perspective and miss the implications. You even have good reason to have missed those implications. Having grown up shooting at private clubs, I would never make the request you made, but it is easy to understand how you could miss those implications if the way here is not the way where you came from.

I would be glad to take you to my club, Morgantown Rod & Gun.

It is not as close to you as New Holland, but it is only $30 per year and we are accepting new members.

Sometimes you just need to get into anywhere until you can get in to where you want.
    Thank you, I did not intend to come across the way I probably did. I am not used to the way it is here like you mentioned. I appreciate the offer to take me to your club and would love to take you up on it once the weather is nice (a bit cold this week Anywhere right now would be great! Thank you so much for your reply and understanding.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by nexgen91 View Post
    Thank you, I did not intend to come across the way I probably did. I am not used to the way it is here like you mentioned. I appreciate the offer to take me to your club and would love to take you up on it once the weather is nice (a bit cold this week Anywhere right now would be great! Thank you so much for your reply and understanding.
    To me, it came across as genuine ignorance of the implications of what you were asking, so I gave you the benefit of the doubt and replied.

You were either going to be relieved of the ignorance and appreciate the reply or you were going to get hostile. I can ignore hostile, so I went with my gut and replied.

Thank you for not wanting to go now. I like shooting, but I hate torturing myself to do it. When the weather improves and you have some free time, PM me and we will work out specifics.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sshuker View Post
    To me, it came across as genuine ignorance of the implications of what you were asking, so I gave you the benefit of the doubt and replied.

You were either going to be relieved of the ignorance and appreciate the reply or you were going to get hostile. I can ignore hostile, so I went with my gut and replied.

Thank you for not wanting to go now. I like shooting, but I hate torturing myself to do it. When the weather improves and you have some free time, PM me and we will work out specifics.
    I really didn't know I was doing something I probably shouldn't have, I'm glad you brought my attention to it. I'm defiantly not a hostile person at all, pretty easy going really I also am not one to torture myself to have a range trip either. I will keep this message handy. Thanks again