Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Veronesi Gunworks New Bethlehem PA

I stopped in to Veronesi Gunworks about 3 weeks ago after passing it many times on my way to camp.

I stopped on a Friday around 4pm and there were 3 employees and 2 sets of customers in there. (2 pairs of people each pair involved with one of the 2 employees out front, and another guy behind glass who appeared to be servicing a gun).

The store is decent sized, well lit, organized, and clean. They seem to have a pretty good selection of your basics and even some of what I consider to be tough to find (locally) accessories. They had a few interesting class 3 arms and a big selection of liberty safes.

The prices I saw were not internet level prices but I felt they were on par with local shops.

I walked in and no one greeted me or said "hello", or "we'll be with you in a few", or "hey feel to look around let us know if you have questions"... or even, "how ya doin". Not really a big deal so I figured ill browse the inventory.

I spent at least 15 minutes in the place and literally circled the store 4 times. I stood in front of the handgun case for at least 5 minutes and stared at a few long guns (mounted very high and far from view, so far you cant tell for sure what your lookin at or what the price is) and still Not once did either of the employees even throw a nod in my direction or offer up that painful "hello".

Even as I left the store, frustrated that no one paid any mind to my presence or god forbid asked if I wanted to see something, neither of the employees gave any "thanks for stopping" or any recognition of any kind.

Based on that experience I wont ever be back and ill be sure to tell others to steer clear. That in my mind is a shame for them because they would have become a regular stop on my drive to camp.
    When unholstering your sidearm it is customary to say: "Excuse me while i whip this out"

Default Re: Veronesi Gunworks New Bethlehem PA

I've been to the shop in Seminole, a few miles from the highway. Are they right on 28/66 now?

My experience has pretty much been the same as yours.

I won't spend money in a place that's more interested in talking to Bubba and the boys than waiting on customers.

(Elk County)

I stopped for the first time this past Friday; the store is now located in that former brown brick church at the top of the three-lane on the left going south out of New Bethlehem and it is as described in the thread starter above -- very clean, well-lit, and organized.

The rifles are hung on the walls high up and the tags are impossible to see.

Mostly new guns, relatively few used ones.

There were two customers being assisted, but one of the guys kept coming out the gunsmith area and asking if I needed any help; probably three or four times in the 15 mins I was there.

One customer left and a clerk asked what I was looking for, and I said "Used handguns." He pointed to the rear areas of the bottom shelves of a couple display cabinets, and asked what I was looking for, and I said "Just browsing; I guess I'll know it when I see it." He pulled out a what looked like a 4" stainless S&W revolver and said "These are nice . . ." but shook my head. He replied, "Whatsa matter, you don't like revolvers?" I said, "I like them fine; I have several including one of those." He put it back. I said I didn't see anything that struck me, it was the first time I was in there since they moved, and I appreciated his assistance, and left.

The major off-putting thing about Veronesi's are the prices -- they are IMO relatively high compared to those in other retail stores in western PA. Examples -- Lots of Magpul AR "dress-up" parts and accessories that can be had for less $$$ at DSD, Grice, Bobs, and Elk Co Ammo & Arms. They had a number of Romanian Trainer 22 rifles at $200, and I see them at $150 to $175 at shops and shows, sometimes $200 but they NEVER sell at that price around here.

So although my experience with the waitstaff was more positive compared to that of the other posters above, my impression of the (high) prices is such that I doubt I will ever stop there again.

Unless I need to use the restroom between Brookville and Kittanning.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

I stumbled upon this great gun shop on the way up to my Buddy's deer camp this past Sunday. We stopped on our way home today. Impressive Class 3 firearms assortment. These folks are first rate gunsmiths/builders of class 3 firearms. The owner , Anthony was very congenial and knowledgable to say the least. He gave us a tour of the entire facility including ; Blueing room, laser engraving room and the general workshop complete with lathes and a highly organized inventory of AK components which warmed my heart. He engraved my name on the back of my watch in a matter of seconds ! All gear and facility equipment was state of the art and impressive.

There was an impressive assortment of high end firearms both pistol and handgun. Nice PSL for sale as well as the new SCAR 20. Pricing was very reasonable and in line with LGSs in W PA. I got a great deal on a HK VP9. Bottom line , if you need class 3 items / laser engraving etc or any firearm, these folks are top notch !
    The entire staff was first rate and very helpful to say the least.

(Washington County)

When I first started reading this thread just now, I was surprised by the first few comments because I know the owner and he always seems very attentive of people walking in the door, then I saw the original post was 4 years old... Veronesi Gunwork repairs 99% of our MG's that we can't repair in-house and I can't speak about how they ran the shop 4 years ago, but my experience has always been positive for the past year we been working with them. They currently have 3 of our MG's in for repair and I'm 100% confident they will be in perfect working order when we open for the 2019 season in April.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Beaver County)

I met these guys a couple of years ago at a C&G Training class and they were good guys.