Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ohio, and Pennsylvania !

Hello all, I have been visiting here for quite awhile as I hold both my Ohio LCCH, and Pennsylvania LTCF. From My location in Columbiana County, OH I can be in PA in 15 minutes, and I am frequently. Kudos to all my Eastern neighbors for your efforts in moving all of our gun rights to the fore front, but especially to a gentleman that is known here as PA patriot ! You sir, have my respect, and support, your notion that we are all in this together, and your willingness to help others by action, and not just voiced opinion are the mark of a true patriot.

If any of you would like to see how these same issues are playing out on the western side of your border, I would direct you to, Stopped for OC in Willowick, Ohio, at ohioccw.org. There is a gentleman there that used his cell phone to record an illegal stop, and it may prove enlightening to some of you, IE: There is more than one way to skin a cat !

It has, and will continue to be, a pleasure reading this forum.

United we stand, even if the BROWNS are better than the Steelers, Eagles, or that team from Kentucky to the south of me in Ohio ! LOL

Have a great day gentleman, and Ladies, it has been a pleasure making my first post here.

corrected URL and added hotlinks - gnbrotz
    Last edited by gnbrotz; July 2nd, 2008 at 07:48 PM. Reason: correct URL and add links

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Ohio, and Pennsylvania !

Quote Originally Posted by kurt 10/22 View Post
    Hello all, I have been visiting here for quite awhile as I hold both my Ohio LCCH, and Pennsylvania LTCF. From My location in Columbiana County, OH I can be in PA in 15 minutes, and I am frequently. Kudos to all my Eastern neighbors for your efforts in moving all of our gun rights to the fore front, but especially to a gentleman that is known here as PA patriot ! You sir, have my respect, and support, your notion that we are all in this together, and your willingness to help others by action, and not just voiced opinion are the mark of a true patriot.

If any of you would like to see how these same issues are playing out on the western side of your border, I would direct you to, Stopped for OC in Willowick, Ohio, at ohioccw.org. There is a gentleman there that used his cell phone to record an illegal stop, and it may prove enlightening to some of you, IE: There is more than one way to skin a cat !

United we stand, even if the BROWNS are better than the Steelers, Eagles, or that team from Kentucky to the south of me in Ohio ! LOL

Have a great day gentleman, and Ladies, it has been a pleasure making my first post here.

Welcome neighbor, except for the Browns thing.
    I vote the second first

Quote Originally Posted by mardo View Post
    Welcome neighbor, except for the Browns thing.
    Yeah, I couldn't resist that Browns thing, and thanks for the welcome. by the way if you due visit the offcc site click on the first highlighted sentence- OFCC Member Detained and Harassed for Open Carry- and go to the very bottom of the page to find the link to the recording, and thanks for fixing my links for some reason if I copy and paste the link it is not working for me. I did not post this as an attempt to get you to that site, but rather as a method that could be used in all of your fights against illegal stops.

Kurt

(Berks County)

That cell recording blows my mind.

"I dont think I need to give you a reason [for OCing]."

"Im asking you, so you damn well better be able to give me one. Its gotta be concealed."

Some freindly cops there.

(Allegheny County)

The audio is pretty damning if the police try to claim anything other than what went down. 5 cops using strong arm tactics to force their opinions on someone that broke no laws, and complied with their requests. In the audio, i heard them say he was kneeling, was that true? They had him on the ground?

Eh, I'm sure the officers from that area will be hearing from someone if they haven't already about this. I'm wondering if it's the first time these particular officers have dealt with this, or if they've done similar things in the past to Ohioans.

Have to keep an eye on our local neighbors and their goings on. Glad there are people cross posting and helping inform everyone on what's going on in the world at large.

(Luzerne County)

The recording illustrates a few things.

1) LEO do NOT always know the laws they enforce.
    2) Even when they do they may try to strong arm you into compliance with what they want the law to be.
    3) Never, ever, EVER talk to the police. Seriously, with few exceptions. This guy got _what_ out of talking to the police? Where he lives, where he works, WTF?
    4) The LEO didn't get the person on anything due to his dismissing #3 above, BUT, I noticed they seemed more intent on strong arming this guy to not do something he was 100% within his rights to do and they could not legaly stop him from doing, because the victim showed weakness and that their intimidation was working. Just my perception from the audio, but it seemed to me as if his responses were prompting the LEO's to ratchet up the daddy complex on this guy.

The above is just my cursory notes. Constructive criticism. Overall the guy kept his cool and was fine, but he would have been better off by keeping his mouth shut.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Gees, I am terrible at this, if after listening to the audio you go to the bottom of the article and hit the READ MORE there are links to the police reports, which by the way were all submitted days after the stop, and after them having knowledge of the audio recording, the sergeant involved admits as much in his last letter to the chief.

(Allegheny County)

Man these cops are making more and more soon to be wealthy gun owners, sue the shit out of these gestapo assholes!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by kurt 10/22 View Post
    Hello all, I have been visiting here for quite awhile as I hold both my Ohio LCCH, and Pennsylvania LTCF. From My location in Columbiana County, OH I can be in PA in 15 minutes, and I am frequently.

Welcome to the site..

EVER WONDER WHY ALL THE TREES IN PENNSYLVANIA LEAN TO THE WEST????

BECAUSE OHIO SUCKS!!!!!

Zombie Response Team SECTOR 4 Ground assault unit
    "Nothing defuses people like crazy." ~ Lycanthrope

Wow... I wonder why I continue to read / listen to these things. I know exactly what they are going to contain. All they do is make me angry.

these cops successfully bullied this guy into not OCing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast