Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Jill Porter: Help keep the economy going by buying more guns

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Just another knee-jerk reactionary who's instantly assumes that if guns are taken from the law-abiding, that violent crime will simply cease. Only we're not the ones causing the problem in the first place.

Are people like this ever gonna get it?
    They're paid not to get it. Stop the paycheck and stop their acceptance in society and you won't hear this crap anymore. It's profitable to spew this garbage or it wouldn't continue.

This author won't get refused to be sat at a restaurant. She likely won't get turned down for a loan. She won't have someone refuse to fix her car. She won't have her church ask her not to come anymore. She won't have dry cleaners not take her clothes. She won't find herself unwelcome at work the next day. She will not suffer any consequences of advocating the disarmament of the populous, leaving them helpless as victims of whatever crime will come there way, be it from those acting outside the law or as representatives thereof. Now if you want to see that she stops, make all of the above happen.

(Adams County)

Just proves that airbags don't only come in cars.

Keith
    PAFOA PROUD!
    USMV M/C

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobbySomers View Post
    Wow, I got an immediate response.

I was hardly making light of gun violence, only pointing out the horrendous cost to our society.Sorry for your loss and for your misreading of my column.

She's sorry I misread her colum.
    Am I missing something here?
    Holy crap, could she be any more sanctimonious?

I swear, just when you think people can't be more clueless...

(Berks County)

I too received a response.

So you support the second amendment but not the first?

So in turn I sent her this. A little more lite hearted but maybe something good will come of my kindness.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.
    George Washington

Ms. Porter,

I thank you for taking the time to respond. You are not the only person with the knack for sarcasm. Although it saddens me to see yet one more person persuaded by false statistics, I am sure you only mean well. Nobody enjoys seeing the senseless killings rage on year after year. Like you, I strive within my community to make it a better place for everyone. Although you may not agree with my point of view and you may feel that a gun free world would truly be a better place, history has shown us otherwise. Our founding fathers wanted to ensure all of our basic rights as human beings so that no one would be allowed to strip us of our liberty. I have and will continue to fight for all of our rights, 1st amendment included. I hope you understand that many of the liberties we still enjoy are thanks to our right to bear arms. If there is anything I am able to help you with in regards to the firearm owning community please feel free to contact me. Please look deeper into the facts and real issues behind the second amendment and stay safe.

-Josh

(Berks County)

Except for saying that I hope Miss Porter's uterus falls out the next time she bends over, there's nothing left to say. Good emails, guys!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Just another knee-jerk reactionary who's instantly assumes that if guns are taken from the law-abiding, that violent crime will simply cease. Only we're not the ones causing the problem in the first place.

Are people like this ever gonna get it?
    no, because they already all think we're crazy for owning guns in the first place....fortunately, my g/f grew up in a house where her Dad was pro-gun, so she has no problems with me owning/carrying...in fact, she's asked me several times to put my weapon on the belt when we go into bad parts of Philly (Germantown and the such) and I didn't even have a proper holster for myself (gun shipped with a right handed holster and I'm lefty), but next week I should be set.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by stephpd View Post
    See, she does understand economics!
    Not in the least. "Billions Of Dollars In Profits By The Gun Manufacturers". Doubtful. If you took the combined revenue of all of the gun manufacturers in the United States, it would not equal what "Toy's-R-Us" does in a single year. The woman is yet another anti gun idiot running on pure emotion, zero facts. Bill T.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

She also doesn't take into consideration that her buying a gun does not feed into the "economy" she writes about, as I doubt she will suddenly take the gun and start shooting some public place up. And here is where she should realize the fallacies she writes about.

As to getting her to "see the light", keep in mind she is likley like the lady on the "30Days" show. Think of how that lady was at first. Jill Porter needs to spend 30 days with a responsible gun owner, work at a gun store, go target shooting, and talk to people who defended their lives using firearms.
    LOL, I am a woman...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123