Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springfield TRP

(Berks County)

Default Springfield TRP

So I've found a TRP that I've wanted for awhile. Its being sold as used but i dont think its ever been shot. It comes with one mag and the original box. What is a good price? Ive seen them new at 1499. This one is priced at 1099. Im not quite ready to buy it yet but im wondering if i will find one in this condition for the price again? Any info would be appreciated. Sorry about the grammer. Im still trying to figure this ipad out.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Springfield TRP

Id say that is a great price for a TRP...

I paid much more than that and didnt bat at the deal i got. I wouldnt let that one sit there to long

maybe offer $1,050 but i would hand over the 1,100 dollars if its what i wanted.

The TRP is a great 1911

(Washington County)

As long as it's in good condition, that's a pretty good price. The TRP is as close close as you get to buying a 'custom' 1911 without actually buying a custom one. The frame, slide, and barrel all have a number or numbers etched into them internally from when a it was being built at Springfield (The numbers all match because they are the ones fit together the best). They shoot great and operate smooth as butter!

Don't wait around too long because at that price, it WILL be gone soon... Good luck
    Last edited by TheGhost27; November 12th, 2014 at 11:46 AM. Reason: typo
    "Confiscating is not stealing! I warned him!" -Valentin16

(Berks County)

Damn i was hoping it wasnt that great a deal! Now i'm going to have to figure out a way to convince the wife! Though i think she'll be ok with it if i sell something else. Lol

Sounds reasonable for a TRP in good condition. I paid $1300 for mine new about 3-4 years ago. It's by far my favorite handgun.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Unfired, it's a good price, though I can't imagine buying a TRP and never shooting it. A new TRP will run you $1400, here (in SW FL), and another $200 for the one with target sights and rails.
    Last edited by harold63; November 12th, 2014 at 09:53 PM. Reason: added rails and sw fl
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Perry County)

Looking over Gunbroker for recent sales I found used ones selling for anywhere from mid $900s up to the mid $1100s except for the full rails which bring a premium. New ones sold anywhere from around $1050 up to $1500 or so.

I'd say the price is fair and pretty good if you can get if for $1050 as long as the dealer isn't nailing you for a transfer fee. An internet sale will have shipping and transfer fees. Of course, If you buy one over the internet, you can defer the tax until you file your state income tax return.

I wouldn't skip the mortgage payment to get it though because another one can be had for that price.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Delaware County)

Mine would cost you significantly more than that...............

but it's not for sale........

I'd grab it,,,, If'nnn I were you.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post

I wouldn't skip the mortgage payment to get it though because another one can be had for that price.
    True, this ^.

(generally speaking) I wouldn't say that there are over rated, but there are now 1911's out there darn near as good for almost half that price, and the TRP still has to accurized to be competitive in any kind of slow fire comp. Out of the box, it is hardly a perfect 1911, but it is still a good gun for the money. Before I learned how to work on them, I thought the TRP was the best 1911 deal going, but an inexpensive, quality 1911 sent out can get you as good a gun for around $1000, total cost, and that's with an accuracy tune, to boot. YMMV

eta - One thing the TRP has over most other 1911's is its heft. It is generally, on average, 2 to 3 ozs heavier than the others. You won't have to worry about the slide or frame breaking on you.
    Last edited by harold63; November 12th, 2014 at 10:03 PM. Reason: eta
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Springfield TRP - Field Strip, How-To Guide, in PDF

Awhile ago I did this guide on field stripping a Springfield Armory TRP. I have since sold it. This is one 1911 that is a PIA to break down and requires a bit more mechanical aptitude than any other I learned. Take the "field" in field stripping with a grain of salt. More like bench stripping.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I ain't hiding from nobody, nobody hiding from me. That's the way it's 'sposed to be.-RVZ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast