Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: looking for a good concealed carry jacket

Love my Sig Tac Leather......don't believe they're being made any longer....have been lookin' for second one.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I hope he found something by now
    Right and,hopefully not the Scottvest.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

I'm wildly sorry that I resurrected an old topic from the dead, just have a few interesting observations from personal experience, maybe someone will need this information in the future.
    our main choice is between "jacket you intend to wear all the time" and "jacket you will take off indoors." When it's below zero outside and 80F indoors, the parka or flight jacket has to come off, which makes it useless for concealment.

While they're not particularly fashionable in most places nowadays, the old-school "spors coat" is cut loose, normally has a single button which need not always be done up, and is generally very light weight, intended to be worn indoors or in hot weather as part of "a suit of clothes." You're supposed to wear a proper "overcoat" over a suit; those tend to be cut fairly long.

Sartorially, a Legendary Whitetails https://secretstorages.com/best-concealed-carry-jacket/ is worn with a button-up shirt and no tie; a turtleneck is acceptable. Designer T-shirts are considered tacky. Sports coats are "singles" and don't have to match the pants, unlike a suit.

Of course, people might think you're a doorman or a wino if you go about wearing one, but your gun will be acceptably concealed...
    Last edited by Yakast; June 4th, 2018 at 02:03 AM.

(Delaware County)

Well, if you're going to talk sports coats and concealed carry, there's always the ScotteVest T5 Tactical Sport Coat. Here's a link:

https://www.scottevest.com/shop/mens...cket-men.shtml

I should point out that I have no financial interests in ScotteVest, I'm just noting that this is one of a number of products that came up when I used the search term: tactical sport coat.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yakast View Post
    I'm wildly sorry that I resurrected an old topic from the dead, just have a few interesting observations from personal experience, maybe someone will need this information in the future.
    our main choice is between "jacket you intend to wear all the time" and "jacket you will take off indoors." When it's below zero outside and 80F indoors, the parka or flight jacket has to come off, which makes it useless for concealment.

While they're not particularly fashionable in most places nowadays, the old-school "spors coat" is cut loose, normally has a single button which need not always be done up, and is generally very light weight, intended to be worn indoors or in hot weather as part of "a suit of clothes." You're supposed to wear a proper "overcoat" over a suit; those tend to be cut fairly long.

Sartorially, a sports coat is worn with a button-up shirt and no tie; a turtleneck is acceptable. Designer T-shirts are considered tacky. Sports coats are "singles" and don't have to match the pants, unlike a suit.

Of course, people might think you're a doorman or a wino if you go about wearing one, but your gun will be acceptably concealed...
    Yup, you can buy a nice sport coat on ebay for 1/4 what it cost brand new. There are plenty of designer labels that have very nice coats and it makes a man look like he's got it together. I have a few longer length women's sport coats (the buttons are on the opposite side for the opposite sex) and they work nicely even when I wear jeans.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Bringing this back to the top because I was recently looking for a new hoodie for winter wear. Came across this Zero One One coat from Berne. Has a quick access panel with a place to store a gun in a holster. Looks interesting. A little too heavily insulated for me, but may work for some others. They also make a softshell version and a lighter weight coat, but neither comes with a hood, which is a necessity for me.

Here's a good review of the Echo One One:

On a separate note, I'm pleased with Berne's hoodie selection. Carhartt has been disappointing me for the past few years. Seems quality control has gone downhill. Have had to return several coats because of inconsistent sizing, bad stitching, etc.

Anyyone who knows me at the range took my idea of bringing a favorite couple of jackets to the alteration lady she is not anti gun and worked with me on designing inside and waistband holsters for each of my favorite Glocks built into jackets ,cost was alot cheaper than buying one on the internet.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I hope he found something by now
    I just hope he stopped wearing bib overalls.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123