Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    West Side of river from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Default Was I dreaming? Get rid of Glocks?

So I woke up the other day and had a major life moment.

I am thinking about selling all my Glocks(31, 32, 33) and getting a Sig P239 in .357.

I always liked the Sig and I like the feel of a single stack metal gun. Since it comes in .357, I would be all set. One gun- no decisions to make when I get dressed- no holster drawer etc.

Is this a mid-life crisis, a dream, or am I being more practical as I get older?

My only major concern is a decent holster.......

I do have a few safe queens as back up and an ankle revolver as well.

Should I do it or will I regret it??? Was I dreaming this?
    With great power comes great responsibility....

(Washington County)

Default Re: Was I dreaming? Get rid of Glocks?

I think it was all a dream. You can always get the Sig in addition.
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

(Adams County)

If anything I would say get rid of the one glock "that it would replace". Otherwise, it was just a baaaaaaaaddddddd dream! Lol! I agree, you can always just add the sig to your line up.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by timeisrelative View Post
    If anything I would say get rid of the one glock "that it would replace". Otherwise, it was just a baaaaaaaaddddddd dream! Lol! I agree, you can always just add the sig to your line up.

Oh no........ not more holsters, mags, spare parts, empty gun boxes.......

Actually, I would buy it first. Shoot it. If I love it(and only then) would I consider selling the Glocks.

I think part of me wants to downsize.... I view handguns as defensive tools mostly. LIKE MY KNIFE- SAME ONE FOR 20 YEARS.

(Northampton County)

As someone who has EDC'd a 239 SAS Gen2 for many years (and dumped over a grand into the project), I think you'd be hard pressed to find a nicer carry gun. That said, if I did it all over again, I'd have gone with the 229 SAS. It's only a few tenths larger in every direction (3/10" x 3/10" x 5/10") and you get significantly more capacity and a much better grip. 15rd vs 8rd in flush fit and 18rd vs 10rd in extended mag if you're looking at 9mm. In .357 the 239 is only a 7rd flush fit, and 8rd with the factory +1 kit. If you don't live in a battle zone, that's more than likely sufficient, but extra capacity is never a bad thing. As far as the grip, you can pretty much forget the 239 if you have a beefy mitt. The Hogue finger groove grip does wonders for improving purchase, but you need to have pretty slender fingers to make that work. Best of luck with whatever you choose!

(Luzerne County)

The 2 guns that I most fond memories of holding were a Kahe K series and a sig 239. I have average/small hands, so I may be well suited for a single stack.

I guess it's time for a trip to the gun store to try them out!!!!

Funny...you're dreaming of selling your Glocks and I'm dreaming of getting the two back I used to own. The guy I sold them to is having a tough time and offered back to me for $800 cash ( 2 Gen 3 G21's). I wouldn't even consider it, but I found this and a couple more articles like it :http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/g/...reduction.html. Now, little Glock sheep are dancing in my head throughout the night. If he knocks another hundy off, I'll prolly do the deed.

As far as selling what you have? If you shoot them well, they are paid off, and you don't need to buy diapers, I would keep them in a safe. You never know about the future of buying pistols in this fucktarded country and the SHTF is almost imminent. You'll need more than one pistol to stay in it.

Oh yea...start collecting ammo.
    Last edited by harold63; November 11th, 2014 at 08:48 AM.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Bucks County)

The P239 handles the .357 sig and .40 better than any other gun in that size range IMO. If you get one with the SRT, it is hard to beat as far shootability and concealability. P239s are usually easy to find in VG condition used in .357 sig and generally a bit cheaper than their .40 brethren. Love my version in .40 and only sold the .357 barrel to have a little extra Xmas money for the kids this year. Keep the Glocks and be on the hunt for great condition used P239 from someone looking to get out of .357 sig.
    Last edited by prospero1919; November 11th, 2014 at 09:11 AM.

(Bucks County)

glocks are great pistols but i've never been overly impressed with them, i've owned several and the only one i regret selling was my glock 29. i much prefer sig over glock any day and wouldn't hesitate to sell a glock in order to buy a sig.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Funny...you're dreaming of selling your Glocks and I'm dreaming of getting the two back I used to own. The guy I sold them to is having a tough time and offered back to me for $800 cash ( 2 Gen 3 G21's). I wouldn't even consider it, but I found this and a couple more articles like it :http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/g/...reduction.html. Now, little Glock sheep are dancing in my head throughout the night. If he knocks another hundy off, I'll prolly do the deed.

As far as selling what you have? If you shoot them well, they are paid off, and you don't need to buy diapers, I would keep them in a safe. You never know about the future of buying pistols in this fucktarded country and the SHTF is almost imminent. You'll need more than one pistol to stay in it.

Oh yea...start collecting ammo.
    The guns in the link came out terrible. Dude was so long winded and the build up too much, then craptasick. I've seen well done modified Glocks. No epoxy needed. No truck bed goo either. Just nasty. Don't do that man.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast