Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default TOMCAT088 ROCKS ! ! !

Due to the scope rail and mounts on my H&R .204, I have been struggling with trying to find a solution for a non-permanent adjustable cheek rest. I was having a heck of a time, at high magnification, with the scope blacking out.

I did not want something that was going to bolt onto the stock or damage it.

I threw it out on the board for discussion. TOMCAT to the rescue. He gave me the ingredients for a solution to my problem.

Is it pretty ? Heck no. Actually it is not that bad. Is it functional ? Heck yes.

The pics below show the stages of building up the comb. Right now with the finished product, I can settle right in at 24 power, with a perfect picture.
    pics;
    a) Materials are a mouse pad and self adhering tape. The other thingie is a bonus.
    b) The first wrap of the cutup mouse pad. 1 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches. You just wrap up those pieces real tight. The beauty is you test as you add pieces. You will get a good picture.
    c) The finished product. Just a tad short of a 1 inch build up, on top of the comb.
    d) The bonus. Tomcat recommended a piece of smooth adhesive felt on top for comfort. I had this laying around, why not use it.

Thanks Tomcat---You can wack it with a mallet and it will not budge.

fossil
    c)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Do the eyes go first ?????? MAYBE NOT !

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: TOMCAT088 ROCKS ! ! !

Nifty idea for the suck'ish Handi-Grip stock!

I love my H&R/NEF Handi's - but that stock is downright retarded. Give me the plain jane pallet wood over the Handi-Grip or the other synthetics any day.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Nifty idea for the suck'ish Handi-Grip stock!

I love my H&R/NEF Handi's - but that stock is downright retarded. Give me the plain jane pallet wood over the Handi-Grip or the other synthetics any day.
    Hey Knight;

You are absolutely right (retarded stock). My son was on my case. 'Listen Dad, I believe you are in OLD mid-life crisis. Synthetic pistol grip. Did you stop taking your Meds'.

fossil
    Do the eyes go first ?????? MAYBE NOT !

Quote Originally Posted by ImAfossil View Post
    Due to the scope rail and mounts on my H&R .204, I have been struggling with trying to find a solution for a non-permanent adjustable cheek rest. I was having a heck of a time, at high magnification, with the scope blacking out.

I did not want something that was going to bolt onto the stock or damage it.

I threw it out on the board for discussion. TOMCAT to the rescue. He gave me the ingredients for a solution to my problem.

Is it pretty ? Heck no. Actually it is not that bad. Is it functional ? Heck yes.

The pics below show the stages of building up the comb. Right now with the finished product, I can settle right in at 24 power, with a perfect picture.
    pics;
    a) Materials are a mouse pad and self adhering tape. The other thingie is a bonus.
    b) The first wrap of the cutup mouse pad. 1 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches. You just wrap up those pieces real tight. The beauty is you test as you add pieces. You will get a good picture.
    c) The finished product. Just a tad short of a 1 inch build up, on top of the comb.
    d) The bonus. Tomcat recommended a piece of smooth adhesive felt on top for comfort. I had this laying around, why not use it.

Thanks Tomcat---You can wack it with a mallet and it will not budge.

fossil
    c)
    You're very welcome Fossil :-). I'm glad to see that it worked out so well, and that it's rock solid. Looks can be nice, but for me and many others, at the end of the day when it's completely functional in the field, that's what really matters. You did a great job, especially if it's a perfect sight picture at 24 power. Let us know when you rack up your first kill with it, or how it feels when you take her out in the field and get a little time on the scope. Your threads and interactions are always a pleasure.