Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Sheriff Denny Nau announces retirement

Quote Originally Posted by mrickard View Post
    Fellas....wow....SteelcityK9cop....(I believe)...gotta be a Pittsburgh guy...our Swat conference was held there twice now and I love you guys...best professional courtesy I have seen in ages. Now...Xringshooter, my friend....If i could AFFORD my own silencers, Id probably have one for every firearm i own....with exception to my .308. I like the ballistics i shoot now. (smiling) Listen guys....I am, and always have been a gun nut. Hence the Marines, the Swat career. Do i think numbnuts with felonies should have a gun...hell no! Do I think that YOU and me....law abiding citizens should be able to own any damn thing we want...HELL yes. AND...I think the fees are outrageous to own a silencer (II) or an auto. This boils down to responsibility...and I believe ...not only is it a right, but a responsibility. And it a damn hard fought and earned right we have and share as AMERICANS! So......maybe that helps....lol. Please please please let me know if I can elaborate....I am WITH you guys. Semper Fi.
    Welcome to the forums!!! I am very happy that you chose to follow up with your post and let these guys know who you are. I'm sure they will ask you quite a few more about your views on the Second.

Quote Originally Posted by mrickard View Post
    Fellas....wow....SteelcityK9cop....(I believe)...gotta be a Pittsburgh guy...our Swat conference was held there twice now and I love you guys...best professional courtesy I have seen in ages. Now...Xringshooter, my friend....If i could AFFORD my own silencers, Id probably have one for every firearm i own....with exception to my .308. I like the ballistics i shoot now. (smiling) Listen guys....I am, and always have been a gun nut. Hence the Marines, the Swat career. Do i think numbnuts with felonies should have a gun...hell no! Do I think that YOU and me....law abiding citizens should be able to own any damn thing we want...HELL yes. AND...I think the fees are outrageous to own a silencer (II) or an auto. This boils down to responsibility...and I believe ...not only is it a right, but a responsibility. And it a damn hard fought and earned right we have and share as AMERICANS! So......maybe that helps....lol. Please please please let me know if I can elaborate....I am WITH you guys. Semper Fi.
    Good follow up
    We have a nice group here
    Stick around and, like the rest of us, you will learn something new everyday

Fair warning - some things you will wish you hadn't learned
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Centre County)

Mr. Rickard,
    Please do not take my comments/questions the wrong way. Many of us have heard the promises of the politicos that they use to get elected then turn around and do as they damn well please.

Here in Centre County, with the exception of a small liberal bastion called Penn State, we ARE God fearing, bible reading, gun toting people and I don't think that will change anytime soon. We have had, for a very long time, government officials and a Sheriff that understand who we are and they know not to cross us.

From your response, it sounds like you understand what we feel, you don't hammer the law abiding people, you prosecute those that break the law and if proven guilty, give them their just rewards. Don't forget, as far as I know it is still innocent until proven guilty.

I happen to own/run a gunsmithing business in Lemont, and as such, I interact with the Sheriffs Office regularly, either for myself or in helping my customers/clients. I have never had any problems with the office and sure hope it stays that way and I'm sure others will say the same thing.

I will be watching this race closely as it can affect me and my business. I'll get involved one way or another if I feel that it is needed. You should be getting contacted by the group called Firearms Owners Against Crime (FOAC) which I am a member. It is a PAC and our concern is getting pro 2A people into office to help keep our state free. You will probably get a questionnaire from them as they do this all over the state prior to elections to grade the politicians who are running, be they incumbents or not.

Lastly, a big OOH-RAH for Marines every where (even though I'm a retired USAF E-8). For those that served, no matter which service or how long, we're all brothers. Don't make those that served upset, it will come back and bite you.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Centre County)

Since I didn't see it posted anywhere, here are the candidates running for Center County Sheriff;

Bryan Sampsel - R
    Richard Swank - R
    Matthew Richard - D (who we have now heard from)
    http://www.statecollege.com/news/loc...tions,1463134/

Other than Facebook pages and what has been posted by one of the candidates that all I've seen. Does anyone have links or responses from any of the others?

(Centre County)

Right now, Bryan Sampsel is being endorsed by Sheriff Nau. Still need to see all the candidates sites to see what their line is.

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

FYI, on Tuesday, Nov 3, these two gentlemen will be on the ballot:

Matthew A Rickard (D)
    Bryan Sampsel (R)

Does anyone know if Bryan Sampsel is processing non-resident carry licenses?
    NRA Endownment & NRA Pistol Instructor

It's business as usual.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Operator View Post
    It's business as usual.
    What do you mean by that?
    Could you elaborate?

(Centre County)

The Centre County Sheriffs office will still issue non-resident LTCF's as per the law. The new sheriff has not changed anything in that area and he is also Pro 2A and extremely NFA friendly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12