Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Default Sheriff Denny Nau announces retirement

Effective at the end of his current term, a year from now.

Centre County Sheriff Denny Nau announces retirement
    http://www.centredaily.com/2014/11/0...=/99/264/&rh=1

On Friday, Nau confirmed he will be hanging up that hat at the end of 2015, when his term concludes.

“That is true,” he told the Centre Daily Times in a quiet announcement of his retirement next year. “It’s just time.”

It isn’t that he is tired of it, or that he doesn’t like it anymore.

“I really enjoy it. I just have things I want to do in life,” Nau said.

Namely, he wants to spend more time in a kayak and casting his line into Centre County trout streams. He also wants to travel across America and visit national treasures such as Yellowstone and Yosemite.

That will be a big change for a guy who has been in uniform his entire adult life. The end of his term will cap 24 years of running the show as county sheriff. For 24 years before that, he was a Pennsylvania state trooper. Before picking law enforcement as his career, he joined the Marine Corps right out of high school. It was that background, he thinks, that helped him put his stamp on the department.
    Anyone knows of any potential front-runner candidate for the sheriff position in the next election? We need to make sure the next sheriff is as pro-2a as Sheriff Nau!

(Centre County)

Default Re: Sheriff Denny Nau announces retirement

Get your NFA stuff signed off in the next year then, just in case

(Centre County)

Question potential candidates and vote wisely and there will be no issues with his retirement.

(Centre County)

Have any potential candidates announced there intention of running?

(Centre County)

My name is Matthew A. Rickard and I am running for Sheriff of Centre County. Feel free to check out rickard4sheriff.com or send me an email. I have been a police officer for 18 years, 12 years on SWAT and 8 as detective. NRA member...Honorable discharges from U.S. Marine Corps and PA Army National Guard. Thank you all for your support.

(Centre County)

Mr. Rickard, What are your thoughts on NFA items (Suppressors, Short Barrel Rifles, Short Barrel Shotguns, etc.)?

I don't know anything about you yet, but I will go to your web page.

My concerns are your thoughts about private citizens owning firearms, many times police get a jaded look at people and it can seep into their thoughts about even law abiding people owning firearms. I am not saying you think this way, but I know what Sheriff Nau's perspective was and he was VERY pro gun. He figured that if you passed the background check, why should he be the one to deny you your right to own a certain type of firearm or device.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Mr. Rickard, What are your thoughts on NFA items (Suppressors, Short Barrel Rifles, Short Barrel Shotguns, etc.)?

I don't know anything about you yet, but I will go to your web page.

My concerns are your thoughts about private citizens owning firearms, many times police get a jaded look at people and it can seep into their thoughts about even law abiding people owning firearms. I am not saying you think this way, but I know what Sheriff Nau's perspective was and he was VERY pro gun. He figured that if you passed the background check, why should he be the one to deny you your right to own a certain type of firearm or device.
    I will be impressed if you get a response.

(Bucks County)

Watching for this response.....

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityK9Cop View Post
    I will be impressed if you get a response.
    "No one needs and assault weapon to kill a white tail. Weapons of war belong on the battlefield, not in our schools. I support the second amendment."
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Centre County)

Fellas....wow....SteelcityK9cop....(I believe)...gotta be a Pittsburgh guy...our Swat conference was held there twice now and I love you guys...best professional courtesy I have seen in ages. Now...Xringshooter, my friend....If i could AFFORD my own silencers, Id probably have one for every firearm i own....with exception to my .308. I like the ballistics i shoot now. (smiling) Listen guys....I am, and always have been a gun nut. Hence the Marines, the Swat career. Do i think numbnuts with felonies should have a gun...hell no! Do I think that YOU and me....law abiding citizens should be able to own any damn thing we want...HELL yes. AND...I think the fees are outrageous to own a silencer (II) or an auto. This boils down to responsibility...and I believe ...not only is it a right, but a responsibility. And it a damn hard fought and earned right we have and share as AMERICANS! So......maybe that helps....lol. Please please please let me know if I can elaborate....I am WITH you guys. Semper Fi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast