Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ed Rendell temarking call on gun control today.

Got a call two minutes ago from an Arlington Va. #(571-431-7180). I let the machine pick up and got a message saying (roughly):

"Gun crime is at an all time hight but that Tom Corbett opposses Governor Rendell's gun control proposals. Tom Corbett even opposes mandating reporting guns stolen in a crime. Please Call Tom Corbett to let him know not to oppose these laws."

So, I called Corbett's office and let them know I OPPOSE Gov. Rendell's attempts to abridge our rights. I was very well received and they said they had gotten many anti-gun calls. They actually asked me to talk to one assistant A.G. who is investigating these robo-calls as a crime. Today is a good day to call the A.G.'s office (717-787-3391) and let them know that we don't want more gun controls.

I spoke to one guy who was getting my details down, and I asked him to let the A.G. know that many Pennsylvania sportsmen were being subject to UFA violations by thier county sheriffs respecting LTCF violations.

Update:
    Got a call back from a Ms. Williams in the Consumer Division. It seems the A.G.'s office is looking into whether any of these calls were made to cell phones. Apparently there is not much they can do legally unless the call was made to a cell phone. She stated that there were many calls on the issue today, and that the A.G. is not involved in legislation, but is duty bound to enforce whatever laws might be passed. Well, this was a perfect opportunity to ask her to ask the A.G. to enforce the UFA. I gently schooled her on various sheriff violations of the Uniform Firearms Act LTCF abuses. I directed her to the Philly LTCF website as an example. She said I was the second person to address this issue with her today, and that she would alert the appropriate person(s) in the A.G.'s office about the problem. Well, hope springs eternal keep your fingers crossed and maybe we'll see the A.G. address the daily violations of Pennsylvanian's rights at the hands of these rogue sheriffs.
    Last edited by granuale; July 1st, 2008 at 05:46 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Ed Rendell temarking call on gun control today.

Rep points sent for following up on that.

(Montgomery County)

Just spoke with Loren, nice lady, very friendly. If you get one of the calls, please call and ask to file a complaint.

Peace is the the first choice of a wise man; superior firepower a close second. ~ Me

Gave his office a call and let them know I think the AG is doing a fine job, and is on the right track. They also asked me to email that to agcorbett@attorneygeneral.gov. I said I'd pass it on to some friends, so consider it passed on.

They REALLY wanted to know if I'd gotten one of the calls... I'm not sure they are real happy about them.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

It's not unusual for the elected members of government to use tax payer money for PSA's to promote their agenda. Especially if it's against a candidate they dislike.

Tom Corbet is/will be under further attack from the left.

tom

P.S. About the 'required to report' issue, next we'll be imprisoning sexual assault victims for being scared to come forward. Should be locking-up silent child abuse victims next?

(Allegheny County)

I just called and had a long conversation with one of the AG's civil attorney's. Thanks for the opportunity.
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Berks County)

First off, I find it a gross waste of taxpayer dollars to push an unconstitutional agenda.

Second:

Quote Originally Posted by granuale View Post
    Gun crime is at an all time hight but that Tom Corbett opposses Governor Rendell's gun control proposals.
    I'm REALLY tired of the Executive Branch of government getting involved in the legislative process, at both the state and federal levels. There should be no proposals, no bills, NOTHING which could be interpreted or sponsored as legislation coming out of the Executive. Doing so is an gross overstep of their authority. This is one place where party politics has become a huge problem. Instead of the Executive enforcing existing law, they use their partisan friends in the Assembly, Congress, etc. to sponsor legislation, and go so far as to abuse public funds in the process.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

When is this moron (Rendell) up for reelection? Someone needs to start a concerted effort to find a viable candidate to throw his butt out of Harrisburg, send him back to Philly!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    When is this moron (Rendell) up for reelection? Someone needs to start a concerted effort to find a viable candidate to throw his butt out of Harrisburg, send him back to Philly!
    This is his second term as governor.. ...so no more elections for that position for him.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    First off, I find it a gross waste of taxpayer dollars to push an unconstitutional agenda.
    +1000

He should be jailed.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast