Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default National Reciprocity?

Just wanted to elicit some opinions; now that we have a majority GOP, what are the odds of a National Reciprocity Bill actually passing? Getting it signed?

I'm thinking the time is SOON to get this going again. Not having to disarm every time I leave the state would be a HUGE relief.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: National Reciprocity?

You read my mind---I was just ready to post this and saw the thread. First, I'm very concerned that the GOP (Rove type) are going to screw up the opportunity to "change" for the better while they're in control. I think they're going to push amnesty and other stuff that most Americans DON'T want----if they do screw up in this way, I fear what will happen to this country. It could turn out to be very unsettling times.

With that being said, if they stand on true GOP principals, dismantle Obama care, pass the Keystone pipeline, amend silly laws, lower taxes and regulations----and things get better, then I think they'll bring this up for a vote. There's over 350 bills that the house sent onto Harry Reid that never [even] saw the floor. I believe they'll pick and choose between those bills----hopefully they choose wisely. Honestly, I'm cautiously optimistic---if Obama co-operates (doubt it) it could have a chance.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Wink Re: National Reciprocity?

I see no logical reason NOT to have it...like State DLs...seen as legal in all states for citizens AND illegal immigrants(sarc).

A CCWP or HCP like TN has should be good to go in every state.
    The 'bill' could be a one-pager..All states shall recognize the legal CCWPs/HCPs of every other state. Simple. Take 10 minutes and COST zero!!!

That said..the best thing I'd like to see would be this: As of 1/1/15, ALL federal firearms laws and rules passed/enacted since 1930, shall be declared null and void. THAT would be a real start!!!
    Last edited by Fred762; November 6th, 2014 at 10:24 AM.

(Montgomery County)

The question is will there be enough votes to override the veto.

(Cumberland County)

Be careful. That's a double edged sword.

On one side there is the 2A argument.
    On the other side there is the 10A argument.

Making the comparison to driver's licenses is not totally accurate. Driving is a privilege. There is no national law mandating that a DL issued in one state be honored in another. All of the states agree to the same level of training standards and license requirements, and agree to honor licenses from other states.

CC Licenses are currently handled the same way.

Should the fed gov make national reciprocity a law? Personally, I say let the states decide who's license they want to honor.

Can the fed gov make some law that will GREATLY PERSUADE the states to honor everyone's permit? Yes. There is s difference between force and persuasion.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    Be careful. That's a double edged sword.

On one side there is the 2A argument.
    On the other side there is the 10A argument.

Making the comparison to driver's licenses is not totally accurate. Driving is a privilege. There is no national law mandating that a DL issued in one state be honored in another. All of the states agree to the same level of training standards and license requirements, and agree to honor licenses from other states.

CC Licenses are currently handled the same way.

Should the fed gov make national reciprocity a law? Personally, I say let the states decide who's license they want to honor.

Can the fed gov make some law that will GREATLY PERSUADE the states to honor everyone's permit? Yes. There is s difference between force and persuasion.
    Exactly!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Bucks County)

My fear long term of national reciprocity is if it happens at some point the Feds claim the best way this can be handled is that the licenses need to be issued at the federal level instead of the state level. Then approval and requirements are controlled by Washington. I don’t want a Senator from CA, NJ, NY or etc having a say in my rights here.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    Just wanted to elicit some opinions; now that we have a majority GOP, what are the odds of a National Reciprocity Bill actually passing? Getting it signed?

I'm thinking the time is SOON to get this going again. Not having to disarm every time I leave the state would be a HUGE relief.
    I wish, but I doubt it will happen. Herding states is like herding cats. Even though most states have very similiar regulations they don't seem to want to tweak them even a little bit to reach common ground.

(Washington County)

Just remember any thing the Feds give the Feds can take away. At some point they would mandate a training course that no one can afford.

(Wayne County)

States are being forced to honor gay marriage licenses, why not LTCF or CCW? Their constitutional right, my constitutional right.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast