Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: WE NEED TO PUSH FOR SEMI AUTO HUNTING

For Deer? The M1 Garand sounds like a 1st rate deer rifle. The M-1D sniper version is even better.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    I love my bolt rifle, it is a long distance precision hammer of fate that has gathered meat for decades.
    That being said, the sport needs to evolve to keep the ranks of younger guys coming in. For years the numbers of bow hunters has declined. Add in the cross bow and whoomp the numbers are back up. I can see this for the rifle hunters too. 3 shot mag maximums maybe except for coyotes, make them 10 shots. let me digress a little here.
    A lot of guys complain about deer numbers being historically low and this is why they're getting out of hunting , there is just no deer left in huge swaths of Pennsylvania woods, I believe its a problem with coyote numbers exploding and bad management choices.Theres too many does taken and the coyotes are eating all the fawns almost as fast as they're being born. They clean out the deer and move on to new areas, We have coyotes here in Delco and Chester county. But there's no varmint hunting allowed in the local state parks. Hunters need to target varmints. Its the most challenging hunt there is, Predator to predator.
    Coyotes are not eating all the fawns, and there are plenty of deer out there. That is all.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cfurlo View Post
    Coyotes are not eating all the fawns, and there are plenty of deer out there. That is all.
    We're just to take your word for it or do you have something morethan 'that is all' to back it up?

(Luzerne County)

Just gots to ask.. If all yous want semi autos for hunting, okey dokey. Hows a bouts full autos too? Like, whats the difference. A 1919 in o6 will work just fine for deer. Or a M14 in 308. A M16 in 223 might be just a little light though. And a Mac 11 would be nice for them running bunny shots......
    You don't have enough guns untill you don't know how many you have.

The core issue at hand is the 2A, regardless of all the fudds and politicians who like to divide hunting and gun rights into two separate things.

As long as PA has laws against hunting with Semi-autos, thugs like Tom Wolf will be able to run as "pro-hunting," while also trying to ban and limit semi autos. "I am a proud part of our long hunting tradition in PA and I support the rights of people to own guns for hunting, but there is no need for a semi auto in PA because they aren't even legal to hunt with." That is not a direct quote, but how many times and how many politicians have we heard squawking this nonsense? As long as Tom Wolf can say crap like this, and all the other Crats along with him, then we are in danger of his laws coming down the road to ban our legally owned rifles.

If semi-autos are legal for hunting, then they won't be able to say they are "pro-hunting" anymore, and the opponents will be able to accurately call them "anti-hunting." In PA that is a major demographic.
    Sic semper tyrannis

(Lehigh County)

Cool Re: WE NEED TO PUSH FOR SEMI AUTO HUNTING

Quote Originally Posted by hog45 View Post
    If semi-autos are legal for hunting, then they won't be able to say they are "pro-hunting" anymore, and the opponents will be able to accurately call them "anti-hunting." In PA that is a major demographic.
    ^^^Most excellent point in this thread so far!!

Hokkmike Guest

Is deciding whether we can hunt with semis or not within the purview of the PA legislature or the Game Commission. Which body not too long ago legalized crossbows for archery season?

(Centre County)

Lightbulb Re: WE NEED TO PUSH FOR SEMI AUTO HUNTING

We need to push for something that applies to the purpose of the 2A, such as amending/repealing the NFA.
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Just gots to ask.. If all yous want semi autos for hunting, okey dokey. Hows a bouts full autos too? Like, whats the difference. A 1919 in o6 will work just fine for deer. Or a M14 in 308. A M16 in 223 might be just a little light though. And a Mac 11 would be nice for them running bunny shots......
    This is the perfect "Fudd" attitude that the Anti's LOVE, divide and distroy. Remember, once they ban those nasty 'No Sporting' Purpose* Semi-Automatics, It's YOUR "Highly Accuratized evil sniper rifles" that will have no place in legitimate society. Tell me honestly, is a .308 fired from a five round magazine (if they're made any smaller I haven't found one) in a semi-automatic rifle more devistating or dangerous than a .308 coming out of a three round magazine from Remington Pump rifle? Excepting your spray and pray hystaria, please show a legitmate reason to NOT allow it. Remember, your spray and pray technique is not used in the other states that DO allow semi-autos in hunting including but not limited to Anti-Gun New York.

* - Non sporting, if we exclude target shooting, three gun, and other non-hunting sports.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    We're just to take your word for it or do you have something morethan 'that is all' to back it up?
    Just going to make me post back up and not mr. Bigandy with his claims that there aren't any deer left in big swaths of PA, and coyotes are eating fawns almost as fast as they are being produced.

I ended with that is all in an attempt to not hijack the thread, plenty of no deer threads on that hunting pa site.

Here at two peices of information to support my assertion.
    1. "Predation accounted for 46.2% (95% CI=37.6–56.7%) of 106 mor- talities through 34 weeks. We attributed 32.7% (95% CI=21.9–48.6%) and 36.7% (95% CI=25.5–52.9%) of 49 predation events to black bears (Ursus americanus) and coyotes (Canis latrans), respectively." So coyotes killed 18 of 218 fawns in this study. Hardly eating them nearly as fast as they are produced!!!!
    http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...n_survival_pdf

2. 352,920 deer harvest estimate last year, respresenting a 3% increase from the previous year. Some people surely found deer to kill.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...tes_report_pdf

Maybe you or Bigandy can post something to the contrary.
    Last edited by Cfurlo; November 20th, 2014 at 11:13 PM.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast