Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Sig p365 XL switcheroo...

I can't seem to find the answer to this question so maybe someone on this forum knows. The Sig p365 XL is intriguing to me with it's upgraded trigger, firing pin, slide etc. But for times when printing is an issue the smaller grip of the p365 is more advantageous. I've seen videos where they switch the standard and XL grips and the gun works just fine both ways.

That being said, a standard p365 grip module is less than $30 online. Can one buy a 365 XL, and put the serialized chassis in a standard size grip?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Sig p365 XL switcheroo...

Quote Originally Posted by Jumstein View Post
    I can't seem to find the answer to this question so maybe someone on this forum knows. The Sig p365 XL is intriguing to me with it's upgraded trigger, firing pin, slide etc. But for times when printing is an issue the smaller grip of the p365 is more advantageous. I've seen videos where they switch the standard and XL grips and the gun works just fine both ways.

That being said, a standard p365 grip module is less than $30 online. Can one buy a 365 XL, and put the serialized chassis in a standard size grip?
    Barrel and slide are longer on the XL.
    Not sure how that would effect things.

(Philadelphia County)

According to this video, the slides on the XL are interchangeable with the standard grips and vice versa. Sig Sauer is supportive of the change, per the maker of the video.

I'd imagine the FCU is also interchangeable between the different sized grip modules just like the P320 is with it's various grip sizes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78ZJolAuHc0

(Lancaster County)

I believe so. I think there are a couple of threads over on SigTalk you may want to look at, assuming I am allowed to mention that? Don't know the policy of mentioning another forum?

(Philadelphia County)

I'll have to take a look at sig talk then. If a cheap grip module switch could accomplish the same thing as swapping the bottom half of two full price firearms