Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Renewal CC in York, Co.

It took me two days from mailing the check in to receiving the notice that my permit was ready. Better than the three weeks my friend had to wait. But, not as good as getting mine originally while on jury duty during a break. Funny part (while waiting for the permit to print), the officer was opening a application and laughed out loud. The idiot applying and sent in the application wrote a check for $19 and not $20.

(York County)

Default Re: Renewal CC in York, Co.

Yeah, notification in such a short time sure seems like getting it the same day after an instant check should be possible. Last time mine was two days also. They can run me on a traffic stop, why can't they run me while I wait 20 mins. in the Judicial Center. Especially since I've held a ltcf in PA for over 30 years. Join the 21 st century, ferpetessake.

(York County)

Back in '08 and '09 they would process the app while you waited, and your wait was very short, under 30 minutes easy.

I'm hearing the added wait time is because they have so many more to process. I consider that a good thing/good sign if it truly is the case.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Back in '08 and '09 they would process the app while you waited, and your wait was very short, under 30 minutes easy.

I'm hearing the added wait time is because they have so many more to process. I consider that a good thing/good sign if it truly is the case.
    Never heard that before. What did you have to do to get them to get on the stick? Baker's dozen of doughnuts? I consider it good also, unless it's just more unbridled beaurocracy. To tell you the truth, I wish the numbers of folks getting LTCF mirrored the number signing up for training. I've run into some really clueless, well-meaning people in the last few years, and it scares me that they don't understand the power they're accessing. Ballistically challenged and clueless of the law. It's all just so kewl to "protect yourself" now. A gun makes you armed like a guitar makes you a musician.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by mosseater View Post
    Never heard that before. What did you have to do to get them to get on the stick? Baker's dozen of doughnuts? I consider it good also, unless it's just more unbridled beaurocracy. To tell you the truth, I wish the numbers of folks getting LTCF mirrored the number signing up for training. I've run into some really clueless, well-meaning people in the last few years, and it scares me that they don't understand the power they're accessing. Ballistically challenged and clueless of the law. It's all just so kewl to "protect yourself" now. A gun makes you armed like a guitar makes you a musician.
    They did not have a back log then, like they do now. At the height of last year, the wait was three weeks. So, things have gotten better

(York County)

When my girlfriend went in three years ago to get her ltcf (it was her 21 bday) they asked if we could wait about ten minutes, we said yes and we walked out with her ltcf

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by StonewallRabbitry View Post
    When my girlfriend went in three years ago to get her ltcf (it was her 21 bday) they asked if we could wait about ten minutes, we said yes and we walked out with her ltcf
    Wow! Must be nice. My Dad used to get his in Adams county and they were like that. In and out. DONE! If I can renue a license to drive, why should this be any different? They have access to my records at their fingertips. They prolly know what I had for breakfast this morning.