Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: So you CAN concealed carry in Philadelphia?

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    You forgot to look at the third and fourth paragraph of my posting:
    You're exactly right and I apologize. I've edited my post to remove my "correction". I was blowing through the house between stops and replied without thoroughly reading. I should have known better - you're not one to miss details like that.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lebanon County)

Then you can remove his foot from the floorboards.
    I shall put it on a plate for him to shove in his mouth after he's finished eating crow..... Thanks!

(Philadelphia County)

Anyone else find it ironic(and maddening) that you can't carry in the National Constitutional Center?
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!” ~Samuel Adams

You cannot invade America. There is a rifle behind every blade of grass.” ~ Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

(Lebanon County)

Thumbs up Re: So you CAN concealed carry in Philadelphia?

Rep given!

(Northampton County)

im going to philly next weekend and i was just about to post about problems with CC in philly, glad that my questions were already answered. now i can carry in philly without any worry.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by jon'76 View Post
    Anyone else find it ironic(and maddening) that you can't carry in the National Constitutional Center?
    In general it's a bad and dangerous policy.

Everyone with any sense recognizes that carry in philly is a necessity. It's not some lawless "escape from NY" kind of place, but let's face it, it's not exactly some utopian paradise either. Anyone who wants to visit the park carrying has to find some place to secure the gun prior to entering the park. For many visitors, that means in their cars. I've been involved in at least one situation where the criminals will steal the entire car to get what's inside it (wasn't my car or my stuff but it was clearly stolen for its contents). There is no possibility of adequately securing a firearm in a car. The car itself is subject to theft.

People who steal guns use them to commit crimes or sell them to people who commit crimes. Thus, a stolen gun is almost guaranteed to be involved in some criminal act.

The park service's present policies will result in more guns stolen and used to commit more crimes involving guns. Therefore the present park service policy is a danger to public safety.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Can we carry in the State Office Building in Philly?

I need to go to the State Office Building at 1400 W. Spring Garden St. in Philly tomorrow. Does anyone have any experience with CCW'ing there with a PA LTC? Are there metal detectors? Lockers to store guns? Is it posted with signs?

I was unable to find any specific regulations prohibiting CCW in State office buildings, but I know from the rally I went to that the Capital has metal detectors and lockers to store guns.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Also, with respect to the Philadelphia Historic areas, the map does not show clearly the boundaries of properties under NPS jurisdiction.

I would not CCW in any Federally owned NPS facility, but I believe that the streets and private buildings would fall under PA law rather than NPS regulation, absent some specific legal agreement removing such areas from local government control.

The Constitution Center, for example, is owned by a private foundation. Private guards (not NPS police) searched visitor's bags and had wands, but they did not have metal detectors, as of a few months ago.

I have parked in the garage, which is accessed through the lobby and never was hassled about CCW.

(Northampton County)

Temple, or any campus would not be off limits unless it is specified. They do not fall into the 'school' category which is only between K-12. As far as i know.

(Philadelphia County)

Was at the National Constitution Center this week. No bag checks, no wands, no nothing. Get a ticket and walk in with no issues.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by ollie4jc View Post
    Temple, or any campus would not be off limits unless it is specified. They do not fall into the 'school' category which is only between K-12. As far as i know.
    They may not, but considering the quality of some of today's so-called college graduates, the school might as well be considered a K-12.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast