Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Re: So you CAN concealed carry in Philadelphia?

You know my husband INSISTED and damn near put his foot through the floor yesterday hollering that you can NOT OC ANYWHERE in Philly. I am just dying to show him this thread.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    You know my husband INSISTED and damn near put his foot through the floor yesterday hollering that you can NOT OC ANYWHERE in Philly. I am just dying to show him this thread.
    This is the law pertaining to carrying a firearm in Philly..

§ 6108. Carrying firearms on public streets or public property in Philadelphia.
    No person shall carry a firearm, rifle or shotgun at any time upon the public streets or upon any public property in a city of the first class unless:

such person is licensed to carry a firearm; or
    such person is exempt from licensing under section 6106(b) of this title (relating to firearms not to be carried without a license).

You have to have a licence but you can carry open with one. Or rather there is no law against carrying openly with a LTCF...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Virtualmatt View Post
    Yea, I got my LTCF yesterday actually. I found this site while searching about laws, regulations, and general carrying advice.
    You have come to the right place my friend I've yet to find a better, friendlier or more knowledgeable group of people out there!

(Lebanon County)

Well that is what I TRIED to tell him but he insisted that you can only CC in Philly. I just love it when he's wrong...ESPECIALLY about the law. I know, it's just bad of me but that's part of being an Aries. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Thank you for posting the actual code/section whatever you call it though. I am sick of hearing "well those are just people on a message board telling you shit". I have repeatedly tried to say "HELLO THEY ARE CITING ACTUAL LAWS NOT JUST SPEWING OUT GARBAGE!!!" There is just no talking to some people though. This will not be hard to find later for quick reference though. heh!

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Virtualmatt View Post
    Yea, I got my LTCF yesterday actually. I found this site while searching about laws, regulations, and general carrying advice.
    well, then, welcome! that' how i found this place, too: looking for local laws and ordinances.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    Well that is what I TRIED to tell him but he insisted that you can only CC in Philly. I just love it when he's wrong...ESPECIALLY about the law. I know, it's just bad of me but that's part of being an Aries. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Thank you for posting the actual code/section whatever you call it though. I am sick of hearing "well those are just people on a message board telling you shit". I have repeatedly tried to say "HELLO THEY ARE CITING ACTUAL LAWS NOT JUST SPEWING OUT GARBAGE!!!" There is just no talking to some people though. This will not be hard to find later for quick reference though. heh!
    http://members.aol.com/DKM1/18.Cp.61.html

bookmark it

(Indiana County)

Commonwealth v. Hawkins, 692 A.2d 1068, n. 4 ("In all parts of Pennsylvania, persons who are licensed may carry concealed firearms. 18 Pa.C.S. § 6108. Except in Philadelphia, firearms may be carried openly without a license. See Ortiz v. Commonwealth, 545 Pa. 279, 283, 681 A.2d 152, 155 (1996) (only in Philadelphia must a person obtain a license for carrying a firearm whether it is unconcealed or concealed; in other parts of the Commonwealth, unconcealed firearms do not require a license)”).

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    You should also be aware of the approximately 55 acres of downtown Philadelphia that come under the auspices of the National Park Service: http://www.nps.gov/PWR/customcf/apps...torical%20Park

Until the NPS gets its collective head out of the sand, firearms are prohibited while on these sites.
    Map of aforementioned NPA 'Gun Free Zones'.
    Last edited by gnbrotz; July 1st, 2008 at 06:28 PM.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Indiana County)

You forgot to look at the third and fourth paragraph of my posting:
    You should also be aware of the approximately 55 acres of downtown Philadelphia that come under the auspices of the National Park Service: http://www.nps.gov/PWR/customcf/apps...torical%20Park

Until the NPS gets its collective head out of the sand, firearms are prohibited while on these sites.

(Lebanon County)

In case anyone is remotely interested....my husband had NOTHING to say when I quoted the actual LAW to him...including WHICH law it is....you know, so he'd know it wasn't just someone on a message board shooting off their mouth.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast