Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default 5 Gubernatorial Races Where Your Gun Rights Are on the Ballot

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-On-The-Ballot

Gun rights are essentially on the ballot in a number of Governor's races around the country. Among these are the races in Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and Texas.

In all fives of these states, a pro-Second Amendment candidate or incumbent is running against a pro-gun control candidate or incumbent.

In the Arizona race, pro-Second Amendment candidate Doug Ducey (R) is running against pro-gun control candidate and former Clinton White House Deputy Director Fred DuVal (D). Ducey believes we have enough gun laws on the books and thinks the focus should be on bettering our mental health system. DuVal is the complete opposite. Breitbart News previously reported that DuVal supports a push to ban private gun sales in the state of Arizona via the passage of universal background check requirements.

Ducey is the clear choice for Arizonans who love the Second Amendment.

In Colorado, Governor John Hickenlooper (D) faces a strong challenge from pro-Second Amendment candidate Bob Beauprez (R). Hickenlooper infamously ignored the concerns of Colorado Sheriffs and signed universal background checks and a magazine capacity ban into law after talking with Michael Bloomberg in the spring of 2013.

Since that time, Hickenlooper denied talking to Bloomberg--only to correct his denial three days later--and admitted that the magazine ban he signed was "unenforceable," only later to change that statement to "difficult to enforce."

Beauprez is the clear choice for Coloradans who love the Second Amendment.

In the Connecticut race, pro-gun control Governor Dannel Malloy (D) faces a strong challenge from pro-Second Amendment candidate Tom Foley (R). Breitbart News previously reported that Malloy signed gun control legislation in April 2013--at the height of the Democrat-created post-Sandy Hook gun control hysteria--and has defended the legislation ever since.

Malloy's candidacy is supported by Michael Bloomberg, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, and Gabby Giffords. On the other hand, Foley has signaled he will relieve the burden on law-abiding gun owners by repealing Malloy's gun control measures if the state legislature sends him a bill to sign.

Foley can reverse the damage Malloy has done to the Second Amendment in Connecticut.

In Pennsylvania, pro-Second Amendment incumbent Tom Corbett (R) is facing a challenge by pro-gun control candidate Tom Wolf (D). On the Issues reports that Wolf supports "universal background checks" and a "ban [on] assault weapons."

On the other hand, on October 28 the NRA-ILA reported that Corbett signed "the strongest firearm preemption in the country." The measure strengthens preexisting preemption statutes to guarantee that "firearm and ammunition laws are consistent throughout the state," which is very important for people who carry a gun for self-defense.

Corbett is certainly the candidate for pro-Second Amendment voters in Pennsylvania.

Lastly, in the Texas gubernatorial race, pro-Second Amendment candidate Greg Abbott (R) is running against pro-gun control candidate Wendy Davis (D). Breitbart News has previously reported that Abbott supports the current concealed carry laws in Texas, but wants to expand them to include open carry and campus carry as well. But Davis opposes campus carry--she voted against it twice as as state legislator--and in 2000, while a member of the Fort Worth City Council, proposed an ordinance which could have resulted in more regulations on gun shows within city limits.

Abbott is the clear choice for pro-Second Amendment voters in the Lone Star State.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

Default Re: 5 Gubernatorial Races Where Your Gun Rights Are on the Ballot

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    In Pennsylvania, pro-Second Amendment incumbent Tom Corbett (R) is facing a challenge by pro-gun control candidate Tom Wolf (D). On the Issues reports that Wolf supports "universal background checks" and a "ban [on] assault weapons."

On the other hand, on October 28 the NRA-ILA reported that Corbett signed "the strongest firearm preemption in the country." The measure strengthens preexisting preemption statutes to guarantee that "firearm and ammunition laws are consistent throughout the state," which is very important for people who carry a gun for self-defense.

Corbett is certainly the candidate for pro-Second Amendment voters in Pennsylvania.
    I was just coming here to see if this had been posted yet. Make sure you all vote Corbett tomorrow.
    Last edited by vinlander; November 3rd, 2014 at 09:00 PM.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by vinlander View Post
    I was just coming here to see if this had been posted yet. Make sure you all vote Corbett tomorrow.

Yep. The much lesser of two evils. And Obama had the balls to come to Pa.
    to beg for the welfare vote.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    Yep. The much lesser of two evils. And Obama had the balls to come to Pa.
    to beg for the welfare vote.
    And still barely anyone showed up.

I'm surprised this article didn't mention the NY gov race. A chance to kick Cuomo out!

I have a bad feeling about our race tomorrow .

(Lackawanna County)

I think we can take solace in the fact that even if Wolf wins, there will be no changes to PA gun laws. Does anyone really think the legislature, under Republican control in both chambers, is going to send any anti-gun legislation to the governor's desk?

I believe both political parties are being taken over by their fanatical fringes. The loss of gun rights generally come when the Dems (and their fanatical fringes) control both chambers of the legislature and the executive office. That is not going to come anytime soon especially with the re districting that was recently done under Republican control. I may be naive, but PA gun laws are safe until at least 2020 when the next census/re districting will occur.

Just my 2¢

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    I think we can take solace in the fact that even if Wolf wins, there will be no changes to PA gun laws. Does anyone really think the legislature, under Republican control in both chambers, is going to send any anti-gun legislation to the governor's desk?

I believe both political parties are being taken over by their fanatical fringes. The loss of gun rights generally come when the Dems (and their fanatical fringes) control both chambers of the legislature and the executive office. That is not going to come anytime soon especially with the re districting that was recently done under Republican control. I may be naive, but PA gun laws are safe until at least 2020 when the next census/re districting will occur.

Just my 2¢
    I think your 2 cents are accurate in the literal sense. I think that some entities, media included, give the false assumption that the executive branch has more authority then they really have, but it is still the highest office in the land, or in our case, the State, so I think influence does end up counting for something.

With that in mind, I will still take Corbett's influence over Wolf's influence any day.

In contrast, I am still pleasantly surprised how those gun control amendments were significantly voted down by R's AND D's a few years back in the US Senate and how annoyed Obama was about it.
    ...and they have a plan...

(Chester County)

This is why PA is in trouble. What about gaining ground? HB80 was a good thing. What about some more wins. Do we always have to be on the ropes?

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lougotzz View Post
    This is why PA is in trouble. What about gaining ground? HB80 was a good thing. What about some more wins. Do we always have to be on the ropes?
    If this is the problem, why was more not done during the last four years when the Republicans controlled all branches in Pa? I do what I can to change the hearts and minds on my side of the aisle when it comes to guns. Do Republicans ever look within to see what their issues are with guns, or us it just easier to blame the Democrats?

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lougotzz View Post
    I didn't realize we were on the losing end of a beating.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post

Just my 2¢
    Just remember that it was Republican Dean Skelos (NY) who allowed the SAFE act legislation to come to the floor, and many other R's voted for it as well. Don't take anything for granted. I'm headed to the polls now, but am incredibly pissed at my neighbors who are refusing to vote. Two of the excuses are "if I don't vote then you can't blame me for the guy who's in office" (which makes exactly NO sense), and "my vote doesn't matter anyway". Hope we don't have to become like NY for people to wake up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast