Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Any part of PA off limits?

1.) as a florida resident with a CCW permit (and a Utah non-resident CCW) is there any airport/city of PA that I am restricted from flying into with a firearm? I know how touchy the NE states can be about firearms.

2.) does the permit protection extend my rights when traveling in rental vehicles as well? do the major rental agencies (hertz/avis, etc.) have restrictions on possession in their autos in PA?

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Any part of PA off limits?

Here are the off-limits places - http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...nsylvania.html

1. No. You just have to follow TSA guidelines.
    2. Your reciprocal FL permit is just as valid in PA as a PA LTCF(except within 1000ft of a school). As whether or not are there any rental agencies with issues about carrying guns - I haven't found one yet.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Thnks for the quick reply

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by frank mir View Post
    1.) as a florida resident with a CCW permit (and a Utah non-resident CCW) is there any airport/city of PA that I am restricted from flying into with a firearm? I know how touchy the NE states can be about firearms.

2.) does the permit protection extend my rights when traveling in rental vehicles as well? do the major rental agencies (hertz/avis, etc.) have restrictions on possession in their autos in PA?
    You seem to have mistaken us for a State. We are a Commonwealth.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Montgomery County)

You can read the reciprocity agreement between FL and PA at this URL" https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/Medi...ty_Agreements/
    by scrolling down to Florida.

In PA you will have the same rights and limits as a PA citizen. You can transport the gun is a rental car because a PA CCL permits that. I have never been asked orally on by a form whether I would transport a firearm in a rental vehicle, and I have rented cars in maybe 40 states.

Re the transport on an aircraft, you can do it, but you have to follow strict procedures set out by federal law and airline policy. Best to call customer service of the airline for info and get written documentation as to the requirements. It is actually very easy to declare and transport a gun on an aircraft. Of course, it will have to locked and in baggage. Enjoy your visit to PA.