Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Exclamation Vote early , vote often!

People way smarter than me think it’s important to vote!...

"The only way to change is to vote. People are responsible." - Paul Wellstone

"It's not the hand that signs the laws that holds the destiny of America. It's the hand that casts the ballot." - Harry S. Truman

"The ballot is stronger than the bullet." - Abraham Lincoln on May 29, 1856

"Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote." - George Jean Nathan

"The future of this republic is in the hands of the American voter." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

"It is the duty of a citizen in a free country not to fit into society but to make society." - John Holt

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

"The vote is the most powerful instrument ever devised by man for breaking down injustice and destroying the terrible walls which imprison men because they are different from other men." - Lyndon B. Johnson

"A man without a vote is man without protection." - Lyndon B. Johnson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

"Those who stay away from the election think that one vote will do no good: 'Tis but one step more to think one vote will do no harm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves and the only way they could do this is by not voting." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Voting is one of the few things where boycotting in protest clearly makes the problem worse rather than better." - Jane Elizabeth Auer

"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!" - Pericles, 430 B.C

"Nobody makes a greater mistake than he who does nothing because he could do only a little." - Edmund Burke

"Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote." - William E. Simon

"Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual--or at least that he ought not so to do; but that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country. " - Sam Adams

“Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education.” - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." - Teddy Roosevelt
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Vote early , vote often!

Great research. True as can be. Enjoyed the quotes. My favorite:

"Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves and the only way they could do this is by not voting." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Vote often" caught my attention. I might just do that, the jackasses do it all the time.

(Allegheny County)

I'll be voting late tomorrow. It always feels like such a waste of time when the winners are practically being announced as you vote.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Carbon County)

(Chester County)

Vote tomorrow, people in other states that have early voting have already submitted their 20 or more votes a piece.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I'll be voting late tomorrow. It always feels like such a waste of time when the winners are practically being announced as you vote.
    ^^^^THIS^^^^

It's the same feeling I get voting in the primaries before the presidential elections.

(Allegheny County)

"I am an undocumented immigrant, and I VOTE!"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    People way smarter than me think it’s important to vote!...

"The only way to change is to vote. People are responsible." - Paul Wellstone

"It's not the hand that signs the laws that holds the destiny of America. It's the hand that casts the ballot." - Harry S. Truman

"The ballot is stronger than the bullet." - Abraham Lincoln on May 29, 1856

"Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote." - George Jean Nathan

"The future of this republic is in the hands of the American voter." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

"It is the duty of a citizen in a free country not to fit into society but to make society." - John Holt

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

"The vote is the most powerful instrument ever devised by man for breaking down injustice and destroying the terrible walls which imprison men because they are different from other men." - Lyndon B. Johnson

"A man without a vote is man without protection." - Lyndon B. Johnson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

"Those who stay away from the election think that one vote will do no good: 'Tis but one step more to think one vote will do no harm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Voting is one of the few things where boycotting in protest clearly makes the problem worse rather than better." - Jane Elizabeth Auer

"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!" - Pericles, 430 B.C

"Nobody makes a greater mistake than he who does nothing because he could do only a little." - Edmund Burke

"Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote." - William E. Simon

"Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual--or at least that he ought not so to do; but that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country. " - Sam Adams

“Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education.” - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." - Teddy Roosevelt
    "Screw this." - John Gault.

(Lehigh County)

Talking Re: Vote early , vote often!

Vote early and often... An old Chicago line I believe... from the machine days of Dick Daley! Some things are timeless.

ON a more serious matter.. YES do vote!! Be part of the vocal minority! If you don't vote your complaints lose much of their validity!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast