Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cabelas

(Lehigh County)

Default Cabelas

I think these guys have bad service. When. I go there the costomer service is terrible. Just wanted to know if someone else had the same experience?
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Washington County)

Default Re: Cabelas

Do you mean at the gun counter or in general? I don't even mess with the gun counter anymore.

When I ship things to the store the employees that handle that have been great.
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

(Wayne County)

I do most of my buying on line from them, never had a problem.

(Chester County)

Only place I've had any issues with their customer service is at the gun counter.

I feel like I am a cow being corralled to slaughter when i am at the gun counter... not a fan. Other areas have been hit or miss. Its about what i would expect from a retailer like that.

(Montgomery County)

They are a big box store, millions of customers thousand of workers. You probably should not expect the same service level you get from your local gun shop.

I buy a lot online and visit the store 2 or 3 times a year. I went to the Delaware store this weekend. Not as big as Hamburg but a lot closer for me.

(Bucks County)

I don't buy that much from Cabelas but most of what I buy from them I buy online. On the couple of occasions where there was a problem with fit or quality, customer service was great.

At the Hamburg store, which I last visited last week with the memsahib, I get treated like a long-lost relative by everyone.

That said, I wouldn't buy a gun at Cabelas - the gun counter always feels like a deli counter. All my gun purchases have been through local guys like Tanners, Kings, and Bill's Gun Shop.

(Bucks County)

I may shop the Hamburg store two or three times a year.

My experiences at the gun counter and the ammo/accessories aisles:

Personnel walking around looking for shoppers to help. I was looking for 1000 primers and they were out of stock. Sales person put ten 100's in a bag, and wrote on it "price as 1000" and signed it.

Wanted an SKS before they went nuts price-wise. Looking at one at the counter and said "Damn....wish I had gotten up here last week when they were on sale for $199". Sales man said "I may be able to help you with that...do you have a few minutes?" Uh...yeah! Disappears, return, says I can have it for $199.

Slight downturn to that story...when I was called to the come and gitit counter, the employee did one more check of serial number entered on paperwork and on the box. Number transposed. They had to start over on their part of the transfer.

Speaking with sales persons at the gun counter, it quickly becomes evident that their information needs to be regarded with a plan to check on the info elsewhere. Some people just believe all kinds of stuff, and some just cannot bear to say "I don't know" and make things up.

Re The Bargain Cave... be very careful purchasing from in there. I swear someone in there jots down prices as they exit their fundamental orifice. Checking in the store, you just may find the complete article at a lower price.

Online... needed a generator which they frequently put "on sale". Did the math...fuel and tolls alone, because of my distance, it was cheaper to let them deliver it. It was on our patio in two days.

(Bucks County)

I like to browse the gun counter but in no way would I ever go to them for advice or to purchase a gun.

(Delaware County)

Maybe you caught someone on an off day? I bought a 1911 at Hamburg, and the guy behind the desk was friendly and helpful and I didn't feel like I was being rushed. (It was, admittedly, late in the evening and not very busy.) The lady at the firearms checkout counter was very friendly, too.

The only thing that sucked about Cabela's was that it took almost an hour and a half for my PICS check to go through -- in my other two experiences, they've gone through while the dealer was still on the phone.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast