Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Sportsman Supply on Gunbroker -- 100,000+ wow

Quote Originally Posted by mpyingling22 View Post
    I travel a lot for work and if I need something local to butler I go to fenelton firearms. the only reason I go to sportsmens supply is to look around and handle the rifles
    What he said^
    There is no reason to support a LGS that treats you like crap. I am all for capitalism and making a profit, but I am also a big believer in being a good neighbor in your community and taking care of the local customers who allowed you to survive and thrive. If they want to extract every penny possible by selling online, fine, they have that right. We also have the right to tell them we don't like their policies by spending our dollars elsewhere, at a LGS that actually values us as customers. Fenelton firearms is such a place. I purchased several firearms from Sportsman's supply. I will no longer favor them with my business. I purchased my last firearm from Fenelton(a Ruger LCP). I paid a few bucks more than if i had ordered it online(a FEW bucks), but the service i received more than made up for the couple of bucks difference. There are times where the best VALUE is not the LOWEST price. A place like this has earned and deserves our support.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    After getting crappy service both times I was in there, I have no desire to go back. The shops I deal with act like they want my business.
    I met Grant when he ran the shop in East Brady 40 years ago. He was an asshole then and he's a bigger asshole now. A rich asshole but still an asshole. Can you tell that I don't like him?
    Last edited by bortle; January 12th, 2015 at 11:13 PM.

(Butler County)

My buddy stopped to look around 2 Fridays ago and he saw 2 500 round Cases of Lake city brass 556 for $160 each. He figured that was a good price and picked up a case and took it to the counter to pay. The guy at the counter told my buddy that the price just went up to $199. My buddy says the sticker says $160? The employee says "well the owner just called and said to raise the price on those to $199 and I was just going to resticker them. If you want it then it's $199" needless to say my buddy had some choice words and left without it.

(Butler County)

200,000+ now. These guys are really all in on GunBroker it seems. Figure 30,000 a year or 100 transactions per day. Holy shit.

(Wayne County)

Over 40,000 sales on ebay also..
    Black Olives Matter !

(Butler County)

I have visited there a few times for powder and look at a few guns. I thought their prices were high, and their people skills absolutely sucked. I figured the bad service was a one-time thing, but it has been bad every time I went. -- I now buy most of my stuff on-line.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dbltapster View Post
    I have visited there a few times for powder and look at a few guns. I thought their prices were high, and their people skills absolutely sucked. I figured the bad service was a one-time thing, but it has been bad every time I went. -- I now buy most of my stuff on-line.
    Head to Fenelton firearms for much better service.

http://www.feneltonfirearms.com/

(Butler County)

250,000+ now, and lots or all are penny start. I wouldn't risk that, but I guess that's what a big business with experience on auctions can do.

(Butler County)

447,000+

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpyingling22 View Post
    My buddy stopped to look around 2 Fridays ago and he saw 2 500 round Cases of Lake city brass 556 for $160 each. He figured that was a good price and picked up a case and took it to the counter to pay. The guy at the counter told my buddy that the price just went up to $199. My buddy says the sticker says $160? The employee says "well the owner just called and said to raise the price on those to $199 and I was just going to resticker them. If you want it then it's $199" needless to say my buddy had some choice words and left without it.
    I won a Glock at a gun bash they were supplying to. When I picked it up, the 2 spare mags and mag loader were missing. He told me that's how they received it.
    Quality dudes there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast