Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Jefferson County)

Default Just Renewed - Jefferson County

Checking in a unholstered revolver was NO PROBLEM at all(pocket carry). I walked up to the window with my LTCF in-hand and said, "I need to check in a handgun, and renew this." He said, "OK, let me come around."

He then came out from the secure side, I exposed my right front pants pocket and said, "It is unholstered, just plain-jane pocket carry. Feel free to take it." He then said, "You can go ahead and do it." So I put two fingers in and grabbed it by the grip and pulled it out muzzle-down. He took it, opened the action and put it in a lock box, then gave me the key. He asked what caliber it was(.32S&W), and said that you don't see people carrying things like that often(H&R Hammerless Small Frame).

He then took my old LTCF and my drivers license back to the office to start the background check, I filled out the application on the non-sterile side of the checkpoint. After I filled out the form he checked me through the metal detector, then I walked back to the sheriff's office with the application.

As soon as I walked in Deputy Means asked me to sit in the corner so she can take my picture. ..did that. Then signed a signature scanner thing. Waited about 1 more minute and then she was off the phone with PICS with my approval #. She then printed out the new LTCF(folded paper) and laminated it.

Done..

The whole process from the moment I walked in the front door until I had my LTCF in my hand - 9 minutes. Yes, 9 minutes!

Both, the front desk deputy and the deputy in the office, were absolutely polite, friendly, and cordial.
    Last edited by knight0334; October 31st, 2014 at 05:07 PM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Just Renewed - Jefferson County

BTW - the deputy also checked in a guy's pocket knife without issue or attitude that came in while I was filling out the application.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Indiana County)

Had a similar renewal last year in Indiana County. No muss, no fuss.

Checked in my carry piece at the court house entrance. I placed my LTCF and holstered pistol on the counter, they went scribble scribble on a clipboard, took the holstered pistol into the adjoining room and gave me a plastic chit.

Went upstairs to the Sheriff's Office, waited in line behind one person, handed in my application form (filled out on-line and printed on my home printer), plus twenty dollars. The deputy whited-out the references (not required for renewals, she said), went clickety-clickety on a keyboard, had me pose for a new picture. When it was done, handed it to me with a smile and a "thank you."

While waiting for the license to cool off from the thermal laminator, the Sheriff himself popped out of his office and asked how things were going.

Back downstairs, handed over my chit, they handed me my sidearm, I stuck the holster back on my belt, and I was out the door.

Total elapsed time? Maybe fifteen minutes from entrance to exit, maybe a little less.

My wife renewed hers in Perry Co last week. It took quite a bit longer than 9 minutes because the female deputy & my wife were chatting. The deputy also had to take three pictures until they found one that suited them both. Then we were gone. This is the first we've had pictures on our LCTF in Perry.

Mine expires in 6 months, so I'll get my first LCTF with a pic too. Woo-hoo!
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell