Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: AR bolt won't lock on last round, why?

to the OP, i had a similar problem with an anderson some time ago, turned out to be the lower, the mag well was out of spec

youve heard of side to side play? mine had back to front play, so when i pushed the base of the mag forward, it would engage everything fluidly, but when i left it alone, it sat loose in the magwell and the bottom tilted back allowing the follow to ever so slightly shift forward.. missing the catch

try it..

push the bottom of the mag forward or slip something between the mag and well in front of the follower and you cycle the rounds

i used electrical tape, taped to the lower to find it back then, i put 2 sections front on top of the magwell, then covered the whole leading edge with a long piece to shield the 2 smaller from the mag sliding up not to catch the tape pieces, worked like a charm till they approved the warranty and i went to the ffl and swapped

by the way..
    dont expect the mag to drop out with the tape there if you decide to try this.. its going to be a tight fit.. or should i say SHOULD be a tight fit
    Last edited by ghost183; November 13th, 2014 at 10:02 PM. Reason: typo

(Bucks County)

you might have a feed issue now with that mag

It's a cut-down that I use on the range, so, if so, it's easily corrected :-)

(Washington County)

My lower arrived back at Spikes on Tuesday morning, then this afternoon I received a shipping notice from UPS. Since I hadnt heard anything from them since shipping the lower, I emailed John at Spikes and asked him what they had determined regarding my lower. He said this:

"When I saw that your Lower was one that had a serial number starting with “PD” I suspected there could be a problem with it. Some of that series had tolerance issues. We replaced the Lower. You’re getting a new one from a more consistent series."

This is contrary to what he had originally told me, but the good news is they replaced the lower.

I will update again after I get the new lower in hand and get the rifle running again.
    Last edited by marinville; November 20th, 2014 at 06:09 PM.

(Mercer County)

And Spikes gets to retain their good guy card. I'm glad you were made whole.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

I hope this lower works out better for you Marinville.

(Washington County)

I figure this will be my final update to this thread unless something goes sideways at the range, which I don't expect.

I received the replacement lower yesterday and got it reassembled with my parts. Everything appears to be working correctly. The receiver serial is prefixed SBR, which I think is pretty cool. Also received a bag of swag with some stickers and a black "assault ninja" pen.

Overall, it was a bit of a pain to deal with, but Spikes handled it well and also quickly. I'm satisfied.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213