Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Default Just curious if you OC in Pike?

Hi all, i have been carrying for a year now, lived in Pike for almost 3 yrs now. Just wondering if anyone OC or CC around here, and in the close by county like monroe?

I have not see anyone OC around here.
    Since we have a lot of out of towners coming here just wondering if you did OC, what was the reaction you got?

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Just curious if you OC in Pike?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
    Hi all, i have been carrying for a year now, lived in Pike for almost 3 yrs now. Just wondering if anyone OC or CC around here, and in the close by county like monroe?

I have not see anyone OC around here.
    Since we have a lot of out of towners coming here just wondering if you did OC, what was the reaction you got?
    I'm in Hawley. It's a small town so I guess you can say not a lot of people notice.

"I Am Become Death" - J. Robert Oppenheimer

(Pike County)

Although I don’t OC, I don’t really conceal all that well. Especially when carrying my Glock, the OWB holster prints big time and my knit shirts ride up about ¾ the height of the holster. My 1911 rides a lot closer and prints less, but the shirt still rides up. Weather it’s noticeable or not?? Nobody at Turkey Hill, McDonalds, Wal-Mart ever said anything.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid-a-hand on.
    I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Wayne - The Shootist

Many of the truths we cling to... depend greatly on our own point of view. - Obi-Wan Kenobi

(Pike County)

Wink Re: Just curious if you OC in Pike?

I've cc'd in McDonalds, local deli, wal-mart,Lowes, nobodys noticed so i guess I'm doin it right. (HGSW67)

(Pike County)

I use to OC some 15 years ago, before all these yuppies and city slickers moved up this way.
    I don't do it anymore, I got CC , so just to avoid ANY "dirty" looks I pack it concealed.
    Let's face it, it just ain't the way it use to be anymore.
    Best
    Dan

(Pike County)

I live in Pike and I always CC you know,I think is the best way to carry a firearm,you go by un noticed,even by criminals LOL....
    "one loves to possess arms, tho they hope never to have occasion for them." Thomas Jefferson in a letter to George Washington 6/19/1796glockguy68...shoot safe...NRA member...US infidel...

I've lived in Bushkill for several years now. I got my Carry permit as soon as I moved in. I carry when ever I leave the house. I've been approached a few times about my pistol showing. But, never had a problem.

JOHN

(Pike County)

Really? Who approached you and what did they say?

Last summer I went to the garlick fest at Shawnnee with my ex and our 3 year old son.. At the time I was carrying a 4inch S&W 686. While running around with my 3 year old. Someone noticed my pistol and asked if I was a policeman or something. I simply answered no. he said he noticed I was carrying and just assumed I was a cop of some kind. he said he assumed it because of the gun and the way I carried myself. The same day and same place some one else ask my ex wife why I was carrying and if I were a off duty policeman.

One of the other times I was in Dunkleburgers and one of his employees told me my pistol was showing. I laughed and thanked him for telling me.

I obviously don't kill myself trying to hide the fact that I'm armed. I will do my best to cover up.But, No, I do not just let it hang out for everyone to see. I guess my problem is I'm most comfortable with a full sized pistol. I now carry my 5 inch 1911 or my glock 32.

(Pike County)

Ah ok. Yeah we are in a tourist area and there are a lot of people who moved here from NY and NJ. I also think they may not know about the LTCF. Yeah i carry a 5' .45 XD Springfield. I cover it but you can see the imprint, and well like you, when i am chasing my 18 month old or 4 year old around the shirt reveals it.
    Here is a funny story for you guys/ladies. One of my buddied(neighbor) went to the Home depot on 611. He dropped his family off at the Target next door while shopped in Home depot. His daughter had left the rear window open, which he did not notice. So on his way out of Home depot he sees a teenage girl's legs hanging out of a car that looks like his. At first he was like uhhhh ehhh that's not my car, where did i park. Then as he looked around he was like wait that is my car. I mean he has a base model camry, nothing in it except the portable GPS and he puts that in the glove box when not in use. So he approached the car and yells to the girl "hey what are you doing in my car?" She gets out, and he hears someone behind him say "If i was you i would keep walking". He turned around and there was this teenage boy standing (like a couple feet away) holding a knife. My buddy reaches for his XD .40 and points it to the kid and says "Nah i think you're the one who needs to keep walking."

He did not report it, nor did he hear anything about it so i guess all was ok.
    I myself probably would of held the two there and waited for the police to arrive.
    Then again that is what i say now, but in the moment who knows what i would of done. Maybe say something like "Hey kid you ever see pulp fiction? Then ask him so you know what happened to ZED?" Then draw my .45 and say "Well if you don't get the F*** out of my face you will be just like Zed" lol
    Oh well who knows. Anyway my buddy was surprised to see this happen. Luckily nothing bad happened.