Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Kahr CW9

Default Kahr CW9

I picked up a Kahr CW9 the other day, I really like this thing. Except for the fact that it's made in Taxachusetts, but no really, I don't know why I didn't get one sooner. I don't even know why everybody is so bent out of shape over Glock not making a single stack 9, well this is basically what it would be.

Going to take it out soon and do the recommended 200 round break in. The trigger is long but smooth, I'm liking this thing.
    "Glocks are 5 times as addictive as crack"

Default Re: Kahr CW9

I like mine a lot. It's a pleasure to wear. It took me some time to get used to the trigger as well until I stopped trying to shoot it like my Glock. I have several holsters for sale that I bought for mine but never used if you're in need of any.

http://forum.pafoa.org/accessories-a...utos-sale.html
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

i went with a CW40 when they came out.

Took it all apart and polished everything carefully + some minor trigger work and it's much nicer than it was right out of the box.
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

Didn't Kahr move production to PA?
    Last edited by sonnyroofy; October 27th, 2014 at 11:22 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Sure did:

http://freebeacon.com/issues/ny-fire...r-new-factory/

If you love the CW9, you will most likely love the P series even more. I carry a PM9 and it is the best pocket pistol I have ever owned. I ran it through a training class a few weeks back and it ran like a top. Accurate, light and effective... Kahr make fine products.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by G17-5291 View Post
    I picked up a Kahr CW9 the other day, I really like this thing. Except for the fact that it's made in Taxachusetts, but no really, I don't know why I didn't get one sooner. I don't even know why everybody is so bent out of shape over Glock not making a single stack 9, well this is basically what it would be.

Going to take it out soon and do the recommended 200 round break in. The trigger is long but smooth, I'm liking this thing.
    No, Kahr is prides itself on reliability and accuracy. They've also taken the time to move HQ & factories to a pro-gun State.

A buddy has the .40 S&W,the trigger is long, but as it has no external safety, I'd rather have a really long one over a really heavy one. My opinion tho.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    A buddy has the .40 S&W,the trigger is long, but as it has no external safety, I'd rather have a really long one over a really heavy one. My opinion tho.
    I also have a preference for a long pull and no manual safety. Less to worry about in a stressful situation and less chance of a negligent discharge.

I also have the CW9 the trigger is long, but its very smooth and consistent especially for a $350 firearm. I can shoot it just as good as most full size striker or DAO pistols.

I noticed the action seemed a bit smoother and easier to work after a cleaning and the 200 round break in. But I shot 200 failure free rounds of various ammunition types under various conditions.
    Last edited by QuackXP; October 27th, 2014 at 01:11 PM.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion